Hello from West Yorkshire

Sgt53

First, welcome from a fellow West Yorkshire dweller... in Shipley.

Where are you? Halifax Modelers World and Pennine Models in Haworth are both “proper” model shops, and can certainly keep you busy with kits for a good while...

The biggest model shop in the region is coming for one day only to Halifax in early February, as the “Huddersfield Show” shifts venue to the Halifax Leisure Centre on 10th Feb. You’ll find traders aplenty, 2nd hand kit dealers, boxes under the display tables where people are emptying their stashes before refilling, but most importantly, lots of groups of modellers displaying their special interests (Airliners, Hot Rods, Cold War... whatever might appeal) and other clubs who meet in some local place like Keighley or Wakefield... 

just come over and say hi at the Classic British Kits SIG table...

All the best,

Matt

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sgt53 said:

Hello there, I'm new to Britmodeller not sure how anything works, so I hope I don't offend anyone

if you are pleasant and polite in your questions,  and have a sense of humour, you'll be fine.

40 minutes ago, Sgt53 said:

I'm looking for help in finding kits, PE and resin enhancements, so I hope you can help.

Well,  plenty of places too look, but it'd worth doing some research, hint, the site search is not very good,  but if you add Britmodeller into a google into a search term that works well,  and many things have been discussed before.

Just worth mentioning as if you ask a question, as it shows you have had a look before asking,  and add a link to say I've found this and this,  which contradict each other,  then it helps, plus you might find an answer doing this.

We have a very knowledgeable and helpful membership,   but if you can get to the shows @cmatthewbacon  mentions and meet some other modellers, and see if you can find a local club,  as it's great to have a chat to other folks in person.

HTH (hope this helps)  if you get an acrynym like this, if you hover the mouse pointer over it it should tell you what is is.  

Hello Sgt ... :welcome:toBritmodeller from Chicago. What specifically are you looking for ? If i can help i will ? Though there are several dedicated areas to aircraft, armor, ships, automotive, sci-fi, figures ? If you post a more specific question in these areas. You will get a much higher rate of members viewing and answering your questions ? 

Dennis