1/24 Samba "Sleepah" ZZZzzzzz mph

Snowman

Well, I have finally got some paint down and have started weathering the Samba. Still need to finesse the rust, but as with all projects, its a process.

47314642062_d54db8bf12_h.jpgchipping by Gavin Snowdon, on Flickr

33491152178_d8503fa703_h.jpgchipping 1 by Gavin Snowdon, on Flickr

33491152138_87b88e4525_h.jpgchipping 3 by Gavin Snowdon, on Flickr

47314642172_69c2acd074_h.jpgchipping 2 by Gavin Snowdon, on Flickr

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Looking gloriously tatty. And the dash looks great. Like the tacho and the subtle R8 badge too.

Cheers Pete!🍻

Glad you like it.

• Thanks 1

Real cool work, the worn Body looks state of arts, but as Pete said before, don't slam the doors and be calm with power this engine offers, you may end with a stripped chassis after a powefull accesolartion 😎😂🤣

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Well, back to the body.....

Did the chrome strip around the body with Alclad Chrome......happy with the look.

Trial fitting the bumper. Had to remove the moulded bumper strips as they were too fussy and did a bit of chipping......again, very happy with the look.

Next, more rust!

32627543497_9c10be5875_h.jpgbumper dry fit by Gavin Snowdon, on Flickr

Thanks for looking!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I decided that she needed some seat belts, probably a racing seat with a five point safety harness would be a whole lot safer, but definitely not in keeping with the old style bench seat. So, it's gotta be old school lap belts.

47628905202_66871b371d_b.jpgSeat belts fitted by Gavin Snowdon, on Flickr

Thanks for looking!🍻

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Spiny said:

So much to like on this, but is it wrong of me that the bit which I admire most is the repurposing of the rear window from the R8 as an engine cover :winkgrin:

I'm glad you like that.

I was struggling to figure out a way to show off the V8 in a practical way - exposed it would be too noisy and dangerous in a real world application. Then it dawned on me to blend the R8 engine hatch into the cutout back section of the Samba. 

In the end it served two purposes: It neatened up and beautified the cutout rear portion of the Samba and it gave the V8 nestled in the rear a "practical" home. A jewelry box in a sense.

• Like 1