Decal Advice!

Jezleaman

I would recommend that you very carefully cut it into two pieces before use and go with whatever seems the best way of aligning the two sections. I would have thought that putting it on in one piece might lead to the decal splitting, as it snuggles down on to the bonnet. Decals can sometimes act in very odd ways, when asked to conform to significantly-curved areas. I think that the decals age can play a very big part in how well in sits down. 

Other folks on BM may have a different opinion on this matter.... But that's my initial thoughts. 

Hope this helps. 

Chris. 

i can give you an advice based on my personal experience. I use to build race cars with very intricate decal patterns, so i put them on almost every surface. When i come accross a complex rounded surface with vents, i act this way:

- i put a layer of micro set solution

- i put the decal on

- i press gently with a cotton swab to let the decal adhere

- i use a hair dryer to let it conform to the surface (low speed for short periods)

- i put micro sol and let it act for a quite amount of time

Edited by fet_thunderdome

On 1/15/2019 at 8:36 PM, Ben Brown said:

It might be worth your time to make a photocopy of the decal and use it to get an idea of how it will fit and where you might need to make cuts. That way you won’t be risking your decal.

Ben

This is along the lines of my advice, which would be a bit of greaseproof paper and a pencil, then you can put it on the shell and see where the cuts need to be made, mark them on and then trial and error fit till its spot on before attacking the decal with the scape

Edited by Cooper645