What if - PZL P.24A - Azur 1/72

At 1-st September 1939 Germany attacked Poland, at 17-th September the Soviets as German ally invaded Poland and this was the End of Second Republic. The last battle from the Polish regular army was at 5-th October by Kock. After that the Poles fought in underground and in France, England and all other countries which was fought against the Nazis. In Jalta they were "sold" Stalin by Roosevelt and Churchill for the next 45 years. The Polish Air Force never flown the PZL P.24 but ... this is only my idea - a Polish P.24 in spring 1940 near to Kiev (Ukraine - Soviet Union).

49898321_991325524396414_884715202291957

49781346_991325571063076_530036747153702

49774185_991325451063088_406292260827273

• Like 21

7 hours ago, Flaps out said:

Very unique I like less traveled aircraft builds those decals look interesting are they stock or part of the kit? Nice job on all your seams and joints flawless nice job!

Thank you, decals are leftovers from other models.

There are stories of a P.24 being used in combat but they are false and originate from Henryk Szczęsny who did fly the P.11g Kubuz in combat shooting down one German aircraft. However he thought the Kubuz was a P.24. Well, lets face it, it looked more like a P.24 than a P.11.

3 hours ago, Graham Boak said:

I've sent a story that at least one P-24 was taken from the factory and used, perhaps a company demonstrator? Of course, it may just be a bar story.

No, this was the Kobuz prototype.

45 minutes ago, 303sqn said:

There are stories of a P.24 being used in combat but they are false and originate from Henryk Szczęsny who did fly the P.11g Kubuz in combat shooting down one German aircraft. However he thought the Kubuz was a P.24. Well, lets face it, it looked more like a P.24 than a P.11.

maybe yes, maybe not. I think it was more P.11c then P.24, the serial plane will looked more as a P.24, prototype - I think not. 

Polskie Lotnictwo Myśliwskie w Boju Wrześniowym - Foot Note 820 Translation

According to the reports of Capt. Cwynar, IPMS Lot AII.23/1a-6, -7, -8. Despite some reliable information about the use and successes of Kobuz in the defense of Wielicka, contained in the London documents and September studies in the archives of IPMS, in Poland the fate of Kubuz remained unknown until recently; the most common was the erroneous message about the prototype's destruction during the Okęcie bombing. At the same time, the legend was established, finding its source in Henryk Szczęsny's statements that in Wieliczka he flew a P.24. Kubuz had a closed P.24 cabin and, apart from the Mercury VIII engine, it was very similar to the P.24. One can only surmise, Lt. Szczęny did not realize what plane he fought with. The message about the evacuation of the Kobuz to Wielicka and handing it over to Lt. Szczęsny was also confirmed by Jerzy Widawski. None of the surviving original documents indicating the equipment of the Pilot School mentions a P.24.

• Like 1