M4 Sherman Tamiya 1/35

Xmald

What if it's not a pack of cigarettes, but a first aid pouch, U.S. paratroops carried first aid packs on their helmets during W.W.II, it's just a thought on my part, either way it is a terrific build.

• Like 1

Absolutely stunning. As a first AFV, this is superb, and as good as some of the best I have seen.

Well done, and definitely keep on modelling AFV's!

Terry

• Like 1

That IS a superb first AFV, and a particularly superb 'Golden Oldie'  Sherman in it's own right. Some tidy PE work, really subtle layered weathering, and lovely mud effects on the under-gubbins.

As Francis said, the aerial should be replaced at some point. And personally, I'd tie down that stowage at the rear a bit more securely. Two ropes isn't enough. Finally, I'd have added straps to the helmets and kit bags and hung them from ropes/wires around the turret, not have them held on by magic.

I feel I've been really cruel with that middle paragraph, but your painting skills are so advanced that you should be raising your 'build' skills to match!

I look forward to your second AFV, cos it will be even more superb, I'm sure.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi Xmald,

That really is a super little base for your super Sherman: simple, but very effective.

You'll be delighted to know that I can't fault it in any way!

But, and this is an 'aesthetic'  suggestion, not a criticism, I'd add just a little bit of height in the front grassy area (the one without the telegraph pole)

It could just be a single fence post with a strand of barbed wire, a small bush, sign, or a bit of old dry-stone wall. I think it would improve the composition/balance of the scene, helping to 'offset' the height of the (fantastic) telegraph pole, and would make for slightly more interesting photos from certain angles.

And talking of angles, can we have some more photos please? Some right up the Jacksie, and from above, etc.

Rearguards,

Badder.

ps, I'm having a really, really, close up look at your chipping effects and I'm in awe of them. That must have taken you an age!

• Like 2

• 3 years later...
  • 9 months later...

If that's your first AFV, you can be proud of yourself!  The paint and weathering finish is superb! 👌

I do like all the extras too ... stowage and personal bits. 

Keith 😁