Hawker Hurricane Mk.1 P3675 UF*S, 601 Sqn RAF Exeter, Sep 1940. Update 28 Feb 19.

Evening all

I think I have finished with the weathering on my Hurricane. If I'm honest I've probably gone a little heavier than I originally intended but I think it kinda works?

Yesterday I thought that I had a problem with paint lifting from the model but it now transpires that its a decal that's lifted and its taken some of the underlying paint with it, I'm not going to loose sleep over it coz again I think it kinda works and I don't want to do anymore damage to the offending area. You will notice that the under carriage is now on the plane, I fitted it to try and make the under carriage legs a little more robust as I have broken the starboard leg off more than once! Anyway here we are...

IMG_0098a

IMG_0099a

IMG_0103a

IMG_0104a

IMG_0105a

IMG_0106 a

IMG_0107a

..and its rather dirty belly...

IMG_0102a

IMG_0096a

Well that ladies and gents is that please let me know what you think, good, bad, indifferent?

Cheers

Iain

• Like 5

On 2/22/2019 at 6:02 AM, Biggles87 said:

That's certainly a dirty belly , but who's to say it's wrong, it could have all been all cleaned off the next day!

I like the slightly ' dusty ' look of the upper surfaces,.

John

Morning John

Looking at contemporary pictures of Hurricanes they seemed loose a lot of oil and other fluid's....

7cd6a19c152b1e7fdd6d18af8968c955

Picture courtesy of Pinterest

..and as for the the dusty finish on the model it only shows on photos you can't see it in real life? I'm going to give it another matt coat when the last bits and pieces are added just to blend everything in and hopefully make the final finish better.

On 2/22/2019 at 3:05 PM, Antb said:

I rather like it and think it looks great. Really gritty like it's been worked hard. 

Fab job 

Hi Ant

Cheers buddy appreciated

Iain 

• Like 2

Hi Iain

A lovely Hurricane in an unusual scheme, great work. The Airfix kit looks a good kit. I am building their 72nd fabric wing Hurricane and it is also a cracker and very enjoyable.

I hope that your lovely model has re energised your MoJo and you can build some more BoB lovelies.

Keep up the good work

All the best

Chris

1 hour ago, bigbadbadge said:

Hi Iain

A lovely Hurricane in an unusual scheme, great work. The Airfix kit looks a good kit. I am building their 72nd fabric wing Hurricane and it is also a cracker and very enjoyable.

I hope that your lovely model has re energised your MoJo and you can build some more BoB lovelies.

Keep up the good work

All the best

Chris

Hey Chris

Cheers mate. The Airfix kit isn’t bad at all and with a little effort can be built into a pleasing model.

I don’t know why I went off the boil - the interest has always been there I just seemed to run out of time during the week to do anything.

i do have some more BofB builds planned but I want to finish an Airfix Lancaster BIII that I started a while back,

Iain

Hi everyone

Well its getting close to being finished (not before time!) I've still to add the seat belt, radio antenna, rear view mirror, pitot and boarding step plus I need to weather the exhausts but I think the next time you see it it will be in the RFI section.

IMG_0113

IMG_0117

IMG_0119

Cheers all

Iain

• Like 6

• 1 year later...

I am building this exact machine with the Hasegawa kit and Xtradecal sheet.  I love the different shades of DE.  Looks like it’s been touched up in the field.  Well done on the tri-color spinner, I am a little curious how mine will look.  

If mine turns out 10% as nice I will be ecstatic.

• Like 2