'Le MANS 2050 Anti-gravity racing' - MAJOR UPDATE!!!!!

Still adding details to this build, before calling this finished. But thought I'd showed it, seeing that it was close to finish. Yep! Another anti-gravity vehicle. I can't seem to get enough. I tend to want to turn everything in to a floating subject. :)

For this conversion, I used the Revell Ford GT vehicle and did some major surgery to it. The original engine was very basic block engine. But the overall design made this a sweet candidate for a super bad and awesome looking anti-gravity vehicle. Lots of small misc. from my 'box of tricks', was used to give the engine a more brutal look. 

Since I did the F1 hover race car(found on this forum as well), I just went ahead and did one for the Le MANS racing fans. The anti-gravity pods simple scratch builds using odds materials from household materials and parts from other kits. So far, I think the look says it all. Hope to finish this up in a week or two. waiting for a figure to go along with this bad***! See you when it is done. Enjoy the photos.

re_redux_le_mans-vi.jpg

re_redux_le_mans2-vi.jpg

re_redux_le_mans13-vi.jpg

2v2EZCfrWxAWPEi.jpg

Edited by tiking
  • Like 16

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, bhouse said:

Excellent - it's just crying out for some neodymium magnets so you can display it 'in the hover' as it were!

Where can I get those and how do I make it work?

Neodymium magnets have a very high field force - there are lots of suppliers on eBay. 

If you can get some day 20mm x 3mm circular magnets, that should be enough to give you a degree of levitation with sine magnets on the car directly above matching magnets on the base. You will probably need some clear roof or fishing line tethers to hold the car so that the magnets line up.

It should be fun :)

Brian

3 hours ago, bhouse said:

Neodymium magnets have a very high field force - there are lots of suppliers on eBay. 

If you can get some day 20mm x 3mm circular magnets, that should be enough to give you a degree of levitation with sine magnets on the car directly above matching magnets on the base. You will probably need some clear roof or fishing line tethers to hold the car so that the magnets line up.

It should be fun :)

Brian

Very interesting. Thanks. If you have any more tips, let me know, please. 

• 7 months later...

I did some modification to the vehicle above. I wanted a little more aggressive look and thus came up with this design. I used quite a few everyday items and parts from my 'Misc. box of tricks'. I now call this, The (AGAGC) Anti-Gravity Advance Go-Cart. Hope you guys like the new look. I thing it's even more aggressive than the former design.

go_cart10-vi.jpg

go_cart-vi.jpg

go_cart_a-vi.jpg

go_cart2-vi.jpg

go_cart3-vi.jpg

go_cart4-vi.jpg

go_cart5-vi.jpg

go_cart6-vi.jpg

go_cart7-vi.jpg

go_cart8-vi.jpg

go_cart9-vi.jpg

go_cart11-vi.jpg