"A farewell to arms" GB - demilitarized and civil based on military

Pin

Will anybody be interested in building demilitarized or civil machines that have military prototypes?

While it is pretty much straightforward with demilitarized articles it may be a bit tricky with "military prototypes". I think that Tu-104 or Lancastrian should qualify being developed from Tu-16 and Lancaster respectively. If military and civil machine have the same designation ( i.e. VC-10 or Il-76) they don't qualify.

An-24 based military An-26

Tu-114 based on Tu-95

Hummer based on Humvee

etc.

What do you say?

6 minutes ago, Giorgio N said:

And would former military aircraft used by civilian organisations like NASA be eligible ?

Of course. Valkyrie or Blackbird in NASA markings will look fabulous!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pin said:

Of course. Valkyrie or Blackbird in NASA markings will look fabulous!

Great, I have several plans for a number of NASA aircraft, such a GB would be a good excuse to build one. I can also think of several former military machines used by manufacturers for tests, and even a couple used by universities. In any case I'm in, please add me to the list !

40 minutes ago, Paul J said:

Lots of trainer types would only need a paint job Tiger Moths, Harvards and C-47 to DC-3 for example.

Well, DC-3 IS NOT a demilitatized C-47, it is the other way around, and as such DC-3 (I mean "pure" DC-3) does not qualify, however ex-military C-47 does. 

The C-47 differed from the civilian DC-3 in numerous modifications, including being fitted with a cargo door, hoist attachment, and strengthened floor, along with a shortened tail cone for glider-towing shackles, and an astrodome in the cabin roof