Hello from Somerset UK

Geoff Mapes

Hi Everyone on Britmodeller.  

Just joined the Britmodeller site!  Five years ago, my 10 year old son said, "Dad, this Airfix stuff looks cool!"  That was all it took.  I instantly remembered my modelling joy when I was a teenager with Airfix, Revell, and Historex and it was inevitable that I would leap straight back into modelling.  I think it was going to university in the mid-1980s when it stopped and then 20 years in the Royal Air Force, a family and a new career in civvy street ensured little time for the wonderful hobby.  But I am back into it and although my teenage son still dabbles alongside, modelling has really grabbed me again.  I manage to find some time for modelling - never enough though, but a busy job has to fund the stash (and pay the mortgage).  I'm overwhelmed by the quality of the modelling I come across and hope to get better as we go along.  I love the research too and spend ages whilst travelling pouring over guides and magazines.  After a while just dipping in and out of the Britmodeller site and being amazed by how supportive it appears, I've finally joined and I will do my best to contribute.  Best wishes all, thanks Geoff. 

Hello Geoff ... :welcome: to Britmodeller from Chicago. I want to Thank you for your service. No one ever has enough time, but as i told another new member recently. Even if you only glue one thing on a day or a week at a time, its still model building. 

Dennis