Hobby Boss's 1:48 Me 262A-1a noseweight, is it enough weight?

Sturmovik

As the title says, is the noseweight provided on the Hobby Boss 1:48 Me 262A-1a heavy enough to avoid the aircraft from tailsitting? The weight doesn't feel too heavy. I was thinking on adding another 30 grams or so in the space between the cannon and cockpit's bulkheads. Adding the armament might also help.

I could also delete the roof of the nose gear (where the cannons are glued), add the nose bulkheads, and then add another weight in there as a roof.

Any help is welcome.

Funnily enough, I wasn't able to find any build reviews for this kit

Several years ago I built Me262A-1 V355 and A-1a/U3, both used weight provided in kit. Won't be a tail sitter, but I did not attach assist rockets under mid fuselage. However, if you choose plastic part, fit is perfect, while metal part needs a little pressing when glue halves.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Is this the kit ? https://web.ipmsusa3.org/content/messerschmitt-me-262-1a-0

If so they recommend extra weight to prevent tip-up. I built the 1/72 Hobbyboss last summer and added as much weight to make sure myself. 

Yes, that one. Thaks for posting the link. Very helpful.

2 minutes ago, Julien said:

It is but only just. I built one with the nose weight and it will sit on the gear, but only just.

Julien

30 more grams will be added then. Thanks.

It took me some time, but I managed to saw in half a 60g leadweight, ending up with this. What do you think, will it be enough?

@Julien what do you think? Will this weight, coupled with the one in the kit, be enough to get a nose sitter?

pXTiRbc.jpg

Edited by Sturmovik

30g is a lot, on top of the stock weight....another 10 should be fine. That is a pretty long and skinny nose wheel leg. You only have to balance the weight, not grip the floor!  🤔