Quarter Scale Panzer

SoftScience

WOW! You really have been motoring on this project and it is looking wonderful. Your paintwork and weathering are first rate! Stunning modelling! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

On 1/21/2019 at 9:02 AM, PlaStix said:

WOW! You really have been motoring on this project and it is looking wonderful. Your paintwork and weathering are first rate! Stunning modelling! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks, Stix. 

Unfortunately, I'm away from home all week, for a work project. I'm reading through articles and watching videos for ideas on how to proceed. I've decided to add a mud application around the bogies and under the fenders, not unlike what you're doing on your E. After which I can add the wheels and tracks. First I need to determine where mud would have been concentrated on the front and rear hull plates. 

Anybody have some good photos to share? 

Finished up the tracks today.

IMG-20190127-212731105.jpg

Then glued the two halves together, and inspired by Luke Pitt, vegged out.

IMG-20190127-215334645.jpg

The pine boughes are modified O scale JTT eggplants. Commander still needs his head (I guess!) And I need to add the MGs and do a few touch ups.

• Like 5

That looks really cool I had to double check it was 1/48!!  The mud effects are excellent and the vegetation is a great addition and works brilliantly. Really well done 🙂

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the kind words guys. It's 99% done now, and I'd love to bring it over the finish line, but I'm preparing for a big presentation at work, later this week. 

I most likely won't be back at the bench until after Friday.

Until then, thanks again, to all.

I found a bit of time to finish up and take photos, today. They're by no means great, but they're the best I can do on short notice.. 

Thank you to Plastix for being such a gracious GB host, and thank you to everyone who provided words of encouragement along the way. It was great fun to build armor again. 

IMG_20190130_204707887-L.jpg

IMG_20190130_204913804-L.jpg

IMG_20190130_204823219-L.jpg

IMG_20190130_204836672-L.jpg

more pics in the Group Build gallery.

Edited by SoftScience
  • Like 4

Hi SoftScience. That is a truly stunning 1/48 Pz.IV! The paintwork, finish and addition of the foliage really brings it to life. Makes me want to get one of my 1/48 Pz.IVs out to build! Very well done.  :worthy:

Kind regards, 

Stix 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...