Greetings from Canberra, Australia

GliderGuider

Hi all,

I've recently returned to this wonderful hobby after a break of 20 years.  In researching or seeking advice on the kits I've made so far I stumbled across this forum, and it's really inspired me and got me well and truly addicted again!

I'm especially interested in early WWII aircraft, but I'm planning to do a few later war types as well in the near future.  And I'm starting to get quite excited at the prospect of participating in some group builds as I improve my skills.

As the user name implies gliding is one of my other interests. Mainly radio-controlled gliders at the moment, although I've also done quite a bit of "full size" gliding too.  Fortunately 1/72 and 1/48 scale kits will take up a bit less room than the gliders do!

I'm looking forward to learning heaps more from everyone!

All the best,

Matt

• Like 2

Hi Matt, :welcome:

From another from the Bush Capital, they are a great crowd here!

If you after assistance (tips, tricks, tutorials, or just a chat with others in the hobby) we have a very active club in the ACT. The ACT Scale Modellers Society meets monthly at the Hellenic Club in Woden. In fact, our next meeting is on this Wednesday (16th) evening at 7:30 upstairs. We have nice a website and Facebook page.

Thanks all!

If you after assistance (tips, tricks, tutorials, or just a chat with others in the hobby) we have a very active club in the ACT. The ACT Scale Modellers Society meets monthly at the Hellenic Club in Woden. In fact, our next meeting is on this Wednesday (16th) evening at 7:30 upstairs. We have nice a website and Facebook page.

Thanks for the info Romeo Alpha Yankee.  I won't be able to come this Wednesday but I'm putting the future dates in my calendar.  Looking forward to attending a meeting soon!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Matt

I have also just returned after many years away. I am also looking forward to developing my skills and to learn from others. I am in Brisbane and have attended the Riverside Scale Model Club. My original intent was to focus on 1/72 twin engine WWII aircraft but this has already been slightly altered.

I am currently working on a 1/72 Airfix Hudson. This is a challenge as the kit and the research I have done, including the only flying example (Temora Hudson) do not align. I have already a list of modifications I have made to make a reasonable A16-112.

This challenge is invigorating. I am looking forward to everything I will have to do and any advice I may receive.

Regards

Alan G🖖