Udo Cordes ju 88 c-6 codes 6(Eis)kg 3

Niknak

Hi all, I am after the aircraft codes for Udo Cordes ju 88 c-6. W. Nr 360379. Of 6 (Eis)/kg 3, 1943.I have a photo's of the tail with the kill marking and also one of the nose of the aircraft. But there is conflicting information over the codes aims decal sheet has the code 5k+et were as other sources have it as 5k+rt. Both give  luftwaffe in focus no 3 . One source gives plastic model magazine no 2 1970.as their refrances.  Unfortunaly I don't have these books to verify the codes. thank you. Nick

Edited by Niknak

Luftwaffe Im Focus #3, page 37 shows the tail of Lt. Udo Cortes's Ju88 C-6, werk-nr. 360379.  The caption states 5K+RT.  Unfortunately the fuselage side codes are not visible in the photo.   Don't know how the authors derived the fuselage code.   Usually a clear photo of the fuselage code, eye-witness testimony, records, etc. would help, but I am not aware of any of these for Cortes's Ju 88 C-6, werk-nr. 360379.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, franki84 said:

Luftwaffe Im Focus #3, page 37 shows the tail of Lt. Udo Cortes's Ju88 C-6, werk-nr. 360379.  The caption states 5K+RT.  Unfortunately the fuselage side codes are not visible in the photo.   Don't know how the authors derived the fuselage code.   Usually a clear photo of the fuselage code, eye-witness testimony, records, etc. would help, but I am not aware of any of these for Cortes's Ju 88 C-6, werk-nr. 360379.

Thank you  franki84 for looking in the book   yip I think you are right about the photo's of his aircrafts codes as I have searched all my books and Internet and haven't found any. I think I will go with the 5k+rt code as most searches state that code. Nick

Edited by Niknak