This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Rb277170

BOAC Concorde from Airfix

In a totally puzzling move Airfix are reintroducing an airliner this year..................A Concorde in BOAC livery. This was their first iteration of the Concorde I think from the late 60s, possibly even before it first flew in 1969.  This is not the later kit introduced in 1976 with the correct nose.   A really puzzling move . I suppose it’s to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the first flight  (god I feel old- I remember watching it on the telly with Raymond Baxter commentating!)

the only other airliner i see is the réintroduction of the DH Heron  in 1/72.  It’s sneaked in . They are probably not aware it is an airliner!

I think it’s cool

Oh Bug**r! I bought one recently (original with Air France decals). I don't normally get drawn in to kit collecting (as opposed to I'll-build-it-someday) but I figured that Airfix would never reintroduce the original kit as it was produced before the first prototype was finished. With no droop snoot, it's basically a travel agents window mock-up model. Serves me right!

Still, it would be nice if they bunged in the decals for either of the two Brit prototypes...

6 minutes ago, Hepster said:

Still, it would be nice if they bunged in the decals for either of the two Brit prototypes

The 2019 Catalogue, technical Index states "Concorde Prototype BOAC" -1 (decal) option. Hopefully there will be some after market decals for the prototype. 

11 minutes ago, Paul821 said:

The 2019 Catalogue, technical Index states "Concorde Prototype BOAC" -1 (decal) option. Hopefully there will be some after market decals for the prototype. 

Ah well.  Missed opportunity!  If I recall, an aftermarket decal set for the prototype does already exist.

Nice.

I'm glad it's back and I'll buy one.