***Finished*** PBS’ RAFG fighters

On 2/19/2019 at 7:42 AM, Col. said:

You're in for a major decalling session there Stu. Just don't get them mixed up, there was no Swift in Iranian service ;) 

Avoided that, not had the time to do the tomcat, just enough in the late evening sessions to get the port and upper decals on the raf pair, also as I'm down to only 1 build on the bench, needed something else to work on so dug out a partially built frog venom, which fits in with the theme of this GB 

46431150794_09d5836254_b.jpg47154573521_977d3863a6_b.jpg

Both are looking good Stu. The RAF squadron markings from this period certainly brightens these machines up.

You entering the Venom in this GB as well?

1 hour ago, Col. said:

Both are looking good Stu. The RAF squadron markings from this period certainly brightens these machines up.

You entering the Venom in this GB as well?

Sadly no, even if the 25% rule is waived i can’t find where the 50s scheme was actually based so will just be a companion build, might even do it in the later Aussie scheme

Edited by PhantomBigStu

8 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Sadly no, even if the 25% rule is waived i can’t find where the 50s scheme was actually based so will just be a companion build, might even do it in the later Aussie scheme

Post up the artwork. Some of us might be able to help identify it.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

46441736094_9026c94e4d_b.jpg

I'm fairly sure Ark Royal and her Sea Venom were within our area of interest during the period in question. How far on did you say you were with this one Stu?

• Like 1

She was commissioned in 1955. Im guessing in 1955 she was on her work-ups and exercises with NATO. According to wiki. 

“Ark Royal participated in many exercises as part of the British fleet and NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) squadrons, but saw no combat duty. She was not involved in the Suez Crisis in Egypt of 1956, about a year after her commissioning, because she was on her way there when she ran a main propellor shaft bearing and had to return to Devonport for a major refit.  Eagle replaced her at Suez.”

Seems like she qualifies ? But its up to @Col.and the other hosts. 

Dennis

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

@col As per the photo, exactly how the kit arrived in my possession

5 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

She was commissioned in 1955. Im guessing in 1955 she was on her work-ups and exercises with NATO. According to wiki. 

“Ark Royal participated in many exercises as part of the British fleet and NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) squadrons, but saw no combat duty. She was not involved in the Suez Crisis in Egypt of 1956, about a year after her commissioning, because she was on her way there when she ran a main propellor shaft bearing and had to return to Devonport for a major refit.  Eagle replaced her at Suez.”

Seems like she qualifies ? But its up to @Col.and the other hosts. 

Dennis

Looks as if you'll have to crack open the fuselage halves to get the cockpit in before going any further. If so feel free to get a thread going ;)