Looks good so far & especially interested in this schemed Streak as this was temporarily based at Shepherds Grove which is only a few miles from me.

This I have to say, is one of my favourite subjects as these Squadrons based at Shepherds Grove were the precursor to the 48th moving into Lakenheath. Also Shepherds Grove has some very interesting Cold War history.

Love the Thunderstreak, don't often see these built. 

Martin

• Thanks 1

Hey everyone... So i was able to paint the canopies. Used deck tan for the seal. They're not the greatest canopies but i think they're good.  

Ok4eycN.jpg

I also built the pilot to see how well he fits. 

3dBcdiZ.jpg

I removed his molded on left arm and oxygen hose. I replaced both of them with parts from a hasegawa pilot. I will add the hose permanently after he is painted. According to my sources (cyber-modeler) the oxy. hose goes straight down in between the pilots legs.

cPRFu7S.png

Specifically look at #8 the blow up section on the left of the diagram. When i paint the pilot i will do more photo’s. 

Dennis

• Like 2

So i did the pinstriping on the streak today. 

784buq3.jpg

oEhK39O.jpg

8vY8DM8.jpg

This will have to sit for 2-3 days while that dries. I use ink for pinstriping and it takes a while to dry. Once that time is elapsed i can use the air brush to finish dry them. Once dry i can clear them and decal. 

Dennis

• Like 6

So while im sitting around waiting for the pinstriping to dry, i started my pilot. Bear in mind this is only the 2nd pilot ive painted since 1994. And the 1st in over 35 years to sit in a cockpit. He wont be permanent but will be stored when not in the pit. I do like to display the office unoccupied most of the time.

Its hard to tell from the photo’s but his flight suit is Dk. blue., helmet is Yellow with Black trim and design. The chute is Dk.green. & the gloves are a Medium brown. I haven't attempted the flesh yet, thats tomorrow along with some touch-ups.

Ad79gGL.jpg

JAeK1n3.jpg

You can see i mocked up the gear as well. She doesn't sit on her backside so im happy.  

UoJ0rti.jpg

Almost there folks, im thinking next weekend ? Questions, comments, or jokes anyone ? 

Dennis

• Like 3

Halo everybody... Well i havent been idol on the Streak. I was able to mostly dry the ink. Its a pain in the rump to work with ink. I had a couple of runs and did some touch-ups when i tried to clear coat it. Once that dried i did the Decals today. 

7j1vMUW.jpg

7pJQuqB.jpg

ggUr1Ln.jpg

FLRUgkR.jpg

wCQnFd8.jpg

Gjxw10Q.jpg

I decided to mock the loadout and the landing gear for photo’s. Still need to clear and give the plane a very light weathering. Almost there folks, im thinking an RFI this weekend. Questions, comments, and or jokes ? 

Dennis

• Like 8

This one is looking fantastic Dennis! I'm glad you went for this scheme as it really is bright and visually interesting.

What have you got planned next after this one is done?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Col. said:

What have you got planned next after this one is done?

ZHDPkOY.jpg

Im hoping to do this next over in the Trainers G/B ? Its to be a Tank my grandfather trained in during WW2. His 1st assignment and training was under Creighton Abrams, 4th Armored Division.

7ZBnywv.jpg

The Kits decal options are actually for his unit when it was at Ft.Knox Kentucky. That means i don't have to go to far to get what i need ? 😉 i put a request in a few hours ago over in that chat area. I just need to show the link with the kits decals to get final aporoval. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Col. said:

delighted to see you undertaking such a personal project :) 

Thank you for the kind words, I hope to do his M4(105) in this group build.

It will be part of the Island hopping section. 

Dennis

• Like 1

Disaster ... I built up the landing gear this afternoon. Added the loadout walked away to let it harden. 10 minutes ago i came back to look at it and the port main landing gear was torqued off to one side. I think my daughters cat which has taken a serious liking to my desk stepped, sat, or laid on it. I will attempt to drill out the landing gear post and add a brass rod to it ? Wish me some serious luck.

Dennis

EDIT : Well its pinned, hoping it sets strong enough to work. Will check it tomorrow and report.  

• Sad 1

Ok i Fibbed gallery is done. Will do an RFI with more photo’s over the weekend. 

17ghtyL.jpg

XuBJFH0.jpg

Wrw4HGE.jpg

bLmZxJh.jpg

QszMp3o.jpg

MipGTdk.jpg

An RFI link.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235051588-a-yellow-streak-thunderstreak-that-is/

Questions, comments, or jokes if you please. 

Dennis

• Like 6

A unique and excellent model. For once the surface looks like the photos, even the state-of-the-art subtle etched detail on my Sea Hawk and Attacker seem far too prominent. I suppose it's no different than for any other metal plane, but somehow early jets always contrived to seem so smooth and polished.

• Thanks 1