Gertrud Barkhorn´s Fw 190D-9

I decided to post this here and not on my local Facebook modeler´s group because you lot seem more, polite and civilised.

The Strike Witches anime is based on an alternate reality, where the Earth has been invaded by an alien race known as Neuroi in 1939, and the only ones who can fight them effectively are young girls with magical powers called witches, who use machines called Striker Units to fly and fight the Neuroi in the sky. The girls and their Striker Units are based on famous WW2 aces and aircraft. 

One of the characters of this anime is Gertrud Barkhorn from Karlsland, who uses an Fw 190D-9 as her Striker Unit.

I got the inspiration to build this model after seeing Hasegawa´s release: https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10531089. Since I knew I wouldn´t be able to get it, I got into the task of getting aftermarket decals and spares to make this version. And yes, I have the Dragon 190D-9 with decals for Gerhard Barkhorn´s aircraft, but the model is covered with imperfections, so I´ll use the decals of that kit on the Hobby Boss one.

I used Revell Aqua colours, Skymodel decals for Gerhard Barkhorn´s markings, and Eduard´s Iron Crosses from a Bf 109F-2.

Stay tuned, because there´ll be an Me 262 painted in bright red from the same show in the future.

Hv0Ci4O.jpg

1OMLVeV.jpg

dX5SoPw.jpg

OzuQaRC.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Kitchen Modeller said:

I like it - v nice clean build. Not often you see a FW 190 looking so slick. What scale is it? 

It's the Hobby Boss 1:48 Fw 190D-9. Perfect fit all around on this kit.

• Like 2

Fine model, but please not Gertrud (woman's name in German) but Gerhard.

... Oh should have read your text. Alternative history. 

But Gerhard had such a brilliant career also after WW II in the Bundesluftwaffe and NATO

Edited by NPL

4 hours ago, NPL said:

Fine model, but please not Gertrud (woman's name in German) but Gerhard.

... Oh should have read your text. Alternative history. 

But Gerhard had such a brilliant career also after WW II in the Bundesluftwaffe and NATO

More amazing was that he survived WW2 alongside Erich Hartmann. Sadly Barkhorn died in a car accident.

5 hours ago, Sturmovik said:

More amazing was that he survived WW2 alongside Erich Hartmann. Sadly Barkhorn died in a car accident.

Oh quite a few of these Experten survived, Hartmann, Barkhorn, Rall, Krupinsky, Steinhoff and many more. And many of them had a career in the Bundesluftwaffe, and even NATO. Steinhoff perhaps no. 1 here.

• Like 2