Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Panther II

Any Canadians here?

Recommended Posts

Hay all, I'm just wondering if any Canadian lurk here abouts. If so post and reveal your presents.:yikes::whip:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, there are a few Canadians here. I'm up in Fort McMurray. Where y'at?

 

 

Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not Canadian but I build a lot of Canadian subjects aircraft wise.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, dogsbody said:

Yes, there are a few Canadians here. I'm up in Fort McMurray. Where y'at?

 

 

Chris

Well, I'm in Saskatchewan right along the Mb. border. And my mom is from Alberta.

Edited by Panther II

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi.

Not from Canada, but my daughter and family moved there from UK last year and live in Whistler, BC.  They are very much into skiing and spend most of their free-time on the mountain.   Robin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm from Michigan.

We are almost Canadian...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Panther II said:

Well, I'm in Saskatchewan right along the Mb. border. And my mom is from Alberta.

I'm originally from Nova Scotia but I've been up here of almost 39 years. I married an Albertan farmgirl in 1986 and our three daughters were all born here.

 

 

Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Father nearly emigrated to Canada. If he had I'd be Canadian. Does that count?  🇨🇦

Plus I like Canada even though I only ever spent one crazy night in Montreal. :wicked:

Edited by noelh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah ha, so Noel.....proof positive.......it WAS you! :whistle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, PhoenixII said:

Ah ha, so Noel.....proof positive.......it WAS you! :whistle:

Hey!

What happens in Canada..

 

Well, it was probably boring anyway...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can say conclusively that we have quite a lot of Canadians that inhabit these here forums. I'm not one, but I see most new members as they pass inspection, and there's lots of 'em :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Panther II said:

Hay all, I'm just wondering if any Canadian lurk here abouts. If so post and reveal your presents.:yikes::whip:

As @dogsbody says, quite a few  (despite being britmodeller there is a very international mix of members here)  

Not everyone lists a location,  but IIRC @Tail-Dragon and @krow113  are in Canada,  Hmm, @busnproplinerfan  I think too,  and they might tell you a few more,   hmm, I wondered.  

If you go to search, you can search members, and you can specify location,  I just did that and it says we have 480 members listing Canada as a location.   

 

Looking at the list I spot a few regular posters.   

 

HTH

T

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I spent a couple of weeks on the lower left back in 07 (including a visit to the big red floaty airyplanes at Port Alberni). Loved the place, would like to go back.

 

Does that count?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Panther II said:

Hay all, I'm just wondering if any Canadian lurk here abouts. If so post and reveal your presents.:yikes::whip:

Live in Southern Ontario between London and Toronto

 

Hacker...Where is my Timmies eh?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Troy Smith said:

As @dogsbody says, quite a few  (despite being britmodeller there is a very international mix of members here)  

Not everyone lists a location,  but IIRC @Tail-Dragon and @krow113  are in Canada,  Hmm, @busnproplinerfan  I think too,  and they might tell you a few more,   hmm, I wondered.  

If you go to search, you can search members, and you can specify location,  I just did that and it says we have 480 members listing Canada as a location.   

 

Looking at the list I spot a few regular posters.   

 

HTH

T

Crimea River and fubar57 are two other Canadians here. Crimea is just down the road from me. About an 8 hour drive, as long as you only stop for short pee breaks.

 

 

Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Panther II said:

Hay all, I'm just wondering if any Canadian lurk here abouts. If so post and reveal your presents.:yikes::whip:

I suspect you are more likely to find them lurking here aboots   :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm like from the Great White North also eh, ya knows it. I've seen a few here, think there's at least one more from Peg city where I'm from and still am, although I visited the Maritimes and Atlantic Canada and fell in love with it. Contrary to everything imaginable, I don't like Timmiehoes. I prefer Robin's.

Edited by busnproplinerfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't do Timmies either, anymore. Their coffee is crap, compared to what it used to be. That's what happens when a " foreign " company takes over a business.

 

 

Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to be Canadian. Born in Hamilton, Ontario. My parents decided they'd had enough & they brought us "home" when I was 8 in the mid 70's. 

i went back when I left the navy in 1990 but I couldn't make it work, I had the chance to transfer directly to the RCN but I was all done with things navy at that point. 

I've been back a couple of times since, Toronto & Vancouver mainly. My retirement present next Spring is going to be the train ride Toronto to Vancouver & then an Alaskan cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, phildagreek said:

I used to be Canadian. Born in Hamilton, Ontario. My parents decided they'd had enough & they brought us "home" when I was 8 in the mid 70's. 

i went back when I left the navy in 1990 but I couldn't make it work, I had the chance to transfer directly to the RCN but I was all done with things navy at that point. 

I've been back a couple of times since, Toronto & Vancouver mainly. My retirement present next Spring is going to be the train ride Toronto to Vancouver & then an Alaskan cruise.

Supposed to be a nice trip, love to do it one day, not cheap. I'm told there's two trains. One runs the day and one at night. Take the one that goes through Saskatchewan during the night, you won't miss anything. Although we don't know each other, you're welcome to stop by.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dogsbody said:

I don't do Timmies either, anymore. Their coffee is crap, compared to what it used to be. That's what happens when a " foreign " company takes over a business.

 

 

Chris

Guess out there, you have to give up coffee altogether if you don't drink timmies. They say there's nothing addictive, but I'm sure it's more than "fresh" and "convenience"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve got a Senator’s shirt I bought in Ottawa when I was over there on a training course with Health Canada a few years ago. I am hoping that might be enough to get my passport...

Edited by brianthemodeller
Predictive spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, busnproplinerfan said:

Guess out there, you have to give up coffee altogether if you don't drink timmies. They say there's nothing addictive, but I'm sure it's more than "fresh" and "convenience"

 

I don't actually drink very much coffee. I usually just have one pre-day, in the late afternoon and I have that at home, made in the Keurig using MacDonalds pods. If I buy a coffee while out and about, it's a Micky D's.

 

 

Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×