This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Panther II

Any Canadians here?

Hay all, I'm just wondering if any Canadian lurk here abouts. If so post and reveal your presents.:yikes::whip:

Yes, there are a few Canadians here. I'm up in Fort McMurray. Where y'at?

Chris

I'm not Canadian but I build a lot of Canadian subjects aircraft wise.  

34 minutes ago, dogsbody said:

Yes, there are a few Canadians here. I'm up in Fort McMurray. Where y'at?

Chris

Well, I'm in Saskatchewan right along the Mb. border. And my mom is from Alberta.

Edited by Panther II

Hi.

Not from Canada, but my daughter and family moved there from UK last year and live in Whistler, BC.  They are very much into skiing and spend most of their free-time on the mountain.   Robin.

I'm from Michigan.

We are almost Canadian...

1 hour ago, Panther II said:

Well, I'm in Saskatchewan right along the Mb. border. And my mom is from Alberta.

I'm originally from Nova Scotia but I've been up here of almost 39 years. I married an Albertan farmgirl in 1986 and our three daughters were all born here.

Chris

My Father nearly emigrated to Canada. If he had I'd be Canadian. Does that count?  🇨🇦

Plus I like Canada even though I only ever spent one crazy night in Montreal. :wicked:

Edited by noelh

Ah ha, so Noel.....proof positive.......it WAS you! :whistle:

14 minutes ago, PhoenixII said:

Ah ha, so Noel.....proof positive.......it WAS you! :whistle:

Hey!

What happens in Canada..

Well, it was probably boring anyway...

I can say conclusively that we have quite a lot of Canadians that inhabit these here forums. I'm not one, but I see most new members as they pass inspection, and there's lots of 'em :)

5 hours ago, Panther II said:

Hay all, I'm just wondering if any Canadian lurk here abouts. If so post and reveal your presents.:yikes::whip:

As @dogsbody says, quite a few  (despite being britmodeller there is a very international mix of members here)  

Not everyone lists a location,  but IIRC @Tail-Dragon and @krow113  are in Canada,  Hmm, @busnproplinerfan  I think too,  and they might tell you a few more,   hmm, I wondered.  

If you go to search, you can search members, and you can specify location,  I just did that and it says we have 480 members listing Canada as a location.   

Looking at the list I spot a few regular posters.   

HTH

T

I spent a couple of weeks on the lower left back in 07 (including a visit to the big red floaty airyplanes at Port Alberni). Loved the place, would like to go back.

Does that count?

7 hours ago, Panther II said:

Live in Southern Ontario between London and Toronto

Hacker...Where is my Timmies eh?

1 hour ago, Troy Smith said:

As @dogsbody says, quite a few  (despite being britmodeller there is a very international mix of members here)  

Not everyone lists a location,  but IIRC @Tail-Dragon and @krow113  are in Canada,  Hmm, @busnproplinerfan  I think too,  and they might tell you a few more,   hmm, I wondered.  

If you go to search, you can search members, and you can specify location,  I just did that and it says we have 480 members listing Canada as a location.   

Looking at the list I spot a few regular posters.   

HTH

T

Crimea River and fubar57 are two other Canadians here. Crimea is just down the road from me. About an 8 hour drive, as long as you only stop for short pee breaks.

Chris

8 hours ago, Panther II said:

I suspect you are more likely to find them lurking here aboots   :)

I'm like from the Great White North also eh, ya knows it. I've seen a few here, think there's at least one more from Peg city where I'm from and still am, although I visited the Maritimes and Atlantic Canada and fell in love with it. Contrary to everything imaginable, I don't like Timmiehoes. I prefer Robin's.

Edited by busnproplinerfan

I don't do Timmies either, anymore. Their coffee is crap, compared to what it used to be. That's what happens when a " foreign " company takes over a business.

Chris

I used to be Canadian. Born in Hamilton, Ontario. My parents decided they'd had enough & they brought us "home" when I was 8 in the mid 70's. 

i went back when I left the navy in 1990 but I couldn't make it work, I had the chance to transfer directly to the RCN but I was all done with things navy at that point. 

I've been back a couple of times since, Toronto & Vancouver mainly. My retirement present next Spring is going to be the train ride Toronto to Vancouver & then an Alaskan cruise.

43 minutes ago, phildagreek said:

I used to be Canadian. Born in Hamilton, Ontario. My parents decided they'd had enough & they brought us "home" when I was 8 in the mid 70's. 

i went back when I left the navy in 1990 but I couldn't make it work, I had the chance to transfer directly to the RCN but I was all done with things navy at that point. 

I've been back a couple of times since, Toronto & Vancouver mainly. My retirement present next Spring is going to be the train ride Toronto to Vancouver & then an Alaskan cruise.

Supposed to be a nice trip, love to do it one day, not cheap. I'm told there's two trains. One runs the day and one at night. Take the one that goes through Saskatchewan during the night, you won't miss anything. Although we don't know each other, you're welcome to stop by.

2 hours ago, dogsbody said:

I don't do Timmies either, anymore. Their coffee is crap, compared to what it used to be. That's what happens when a " foreign " company takes over a business.

Chris

Guess out there, you have to give up coffee altogether if you don't drink timmies. They say there's nothing addictive, but I'm sure it's more than "fresh" and "convenience"

I’ve got a Senator’s shirt I bought in Ottawa when I was over there on a training course with Health Canada a few years ago. I am hoping that might be enough to get my passport...

Edited by brianthemodeller
Predictive spelling

3 hours ago, busnproplinerfan said:

Guess out there, you have to give up coffee altogether if you don't drink timmies. They say there's nothing addictive, but I'm sure it's more than "fresh" and "convenience"

I don't actually drink very much coffee. I usually just have one pre-day, in the late afternoon and I have that at home, made in the Keurig using MacDonalds pods. If I buy a coffee while out and about, it's a Micky D's.

Chris