75mm Dark Elf dio.

I wasn't sure where to start this thread, here or in the diorama section so it ended up there, I have this 75mm elf that I'm going to have a go at lighting with a LED and adding a base to it, I'm still very new to figure paint so the base might end up better than the figure. The figure i'm going to try and paint in blacks and purples and add the LED to her  right to make a glowing crystal ball or may be a Bob skull ( like the one from the Dresden files).  

Started the base of with a plastic lid that was a nice size and shape and sculpted a old oak tree stump to it from air drying clay, this turned out better than I thought it would, then added a bit of foam to build the shape of the base covered that in plasted and added a few small rocks and made a start on adding some paint.

Ive not done much to the figure as it didn't need much doing to it, I'm waiting for the really thing magnetic wire to turn up so I can have a go at fitting the LED to here hand...eeeeeek! I could have just had a go at that fancy painting technique ( that I have never done before) but I have not seen any figures lit up with LED`s before and its got to be easier than painting in the light.  

e1eea1f3e115a044d02d59a0f0f6aec5.jpg

31e1210db5e2f187aa6550a4a26899f0.jpg

Keeping it all dark at this piont as I will be adding some static grass and lot of other ground cover. The tree stump needs some more greyish washes to I think. 

8a8b99a604da1a178532a0753a409e94.jpg

fe7130669c6e72326883f593ec2bdf92.jpg

• Like 5

IMG-20190113-191554.jpg

Managed to get the elf washed pinned and glued, also trying out sizes of beads to use as the glowing crista ball and setteled on this size. It's not definet as I might use a skull instead of a ball.

22 hours ago, Jim Wasley said:

This one is coming along a treat,should look the part when finished.Cheers.

Cheers Jim. 

Edited by rockpopandchips
  • Like 3

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've made a start on the paint... Going with a brush to paint everything this time. I would normally use an airbrush for the coat will all those fold but thought what the hell let's give it try with a brushs. Not much to see at the moment. 

IMG-20190308-124133.jpg

• Like 3