Universal Bomb Rack in Fairey Battle

Brandy

Does anyone know the dimensions of the Type 1 Universal bomb rack as fitted to the Fairey Battle? Or better still, was it the same rack as fitted to other types that are available in PE?

Thanks,

Ian

5 hours ago, limeypilot said:

Does anyone know the dimensions of the Type 1 Universal bomb rack as fitted to the Fairey Battle? Or better still, was it the same rack as fitted to other types that are available in PE?

Thanks,

Ian

Its the same type. Thats why its called a Universal bomb carrier (not rack!)

Selwyn

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, limeypilot said:

The same type as what? Is it available in PE listed for another type?

Thanks,

Ian

Its a universal carrier, its something not particular to one type of aircraft. The same item  was used an all other RAF aircraft of the period, which is what I assumed you were asking as you did not specify a scale. 

You can find them in other kits, in   White metal  for 1/72 and are probably available as a PE component as part of a update set for other aircraft types.

Selwyn

Edited by Selwyn
  • Like 1

Thanks Selwyn.

I'm aware that it is the same as used on other types, I just want to know if it's available in PE, maybe listed as a part for a different aircraft, and if so, which one.

Ian

Yes, thanks guys. I've gone overboard and ordered both the Red Roo cast brass and the Marabu PE and will probably end up using bits of each, plus some additions. Yes, it's 1:72, for my ongoing Airfix Battle build here.

Thanks for the pointers!

Ian

Edited by limeypilot