Valom 1/72nd Handley Page Harrow II

On 1/11/2019 at 5:59 PM, general melchett said:

Thanks again guys,

FAAMAN,

Well, she has a point... I've been doing it for years but just put it down to my age!  Glad you like it, more interwar aircraft are starting to come through now (like Doras's forthcoming Wapiti and Wallace, both types used by BC) but we do need a few more bombers and some seaplanes...a Blackburn Iris or Short Singapore would go down rather nicely!

Cheers mate,

That's the plan....depends on the wind :shutup:

It might get there and back by itself going off todays weather!

• Haha 1

You spoil us with these lovely beauties, General. Long may it continue.

It is a nice looking aeroplane, and a worthy addition to your Bomber Command collection.

Cheers

John

• Like 1

Thanks fellas, appreciated as ever,

Neil mate,

It might get there and back by itself going off todays weather!

I was thinking the same thing....'orrible flashbacks to Huddersfield and your flying Heyford...:shutup:

Thanks John,...well, hopefully, they'll be more soon, the workbench is getting a bit overcrowded at the moment....glad you like them, makes it all worthwhile...

• 4 weeks later...

Very nice.  Have to let a Mate know about this one and the Airfix Model World issue as he has this in his "Stash"..

Which reminds me to get to the Newsagent and see which Issue is currently in!  

• Like 1

Thanks guys, always appreciate the feedback, very kind of you.

Any WIP pictures of this build?

Thanks Adam, it was exclusively built for Airfix Model World but I'll see if I can dig out copies of the ones I used in the article, they're on the desktop somewhere...

I did of course see this in the aforementioned publication of scale modelling wonders, but it's always nice to see them here as well so we can pass on our compliments.....

.....on a job very well done! Top notch sir. 

Jonathan, once the issue has been superseded I always post them on a few of the forums I frequent as, of course, not everyone buys the magazine....thanks for doing so and supporting the team's efforts. I know they/we greatly appreciate it.

Very nice.  Have to let a Mate know about this one and the Airfix Model World issue as he has this in his "Stash"..

Which reminds me to get to the Newsagent and see which Issue is currently in!  

Rob, if he's missed the issue they are either available as backorders or as e-mags, easily sorted. Hope has as much fun making his as I did with this one.

Only just noticed this. A very nice model and the AMW article is a most useful guide to building it. When (ha!) I get around to building mine I probably shall not drop the flaps etc as too many models and to little time. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, general melchett said:

Rob, if he's missed the issue they are either available as backorders or as e-mags, easily sorted. Hope has as much fun making his as I did with this one.

Hopefully we are still that far behind that December is still in the local Newsagents.  The Colonies are still fairly far away so it still does take time for stuff to reach us!

• Haha 1

• 2 years later...

Hello General!

I really like your model, good stuff!
As I am currently gathering information to start building mine, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing some information about the turret interiors specifically. Since you mentioned upgrading them.

I will try vacforming the glazing, so it would be a shame to leave all that space empty.

Thank you in advance.

Alex

• Thanks 1

Thanks Alex, glad you like it. I can only find one image of the scratch built turret interiors but if you pm me your email address I can send you some images of the real turret interiors that I used for reference. I can't post them here due to copyright.  I agree, vacformed canopies are definitely the way to go.

1-14.jpg

An image of the cockpit and radio compartment during building before work on the nose turret was started.

1-9.jpg

Hope this helps.

Melchie

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1