1/72 Slingsby T-3A / T67M

UKPonchoMan

Hi all,

I'm trying to finish off a T-3A from a resin kit (can't remember the manufacturer unfortunately).

I'm struggling to find an appropriate prop and spinner (3 blade) and undercarriage - the kit parts were unusable.

Does anyone have any ideas where I could take something from - the only alternative is the Heritage (?) kit but they won't provide a set of white metal without buying a complete kit and I'm not going to spend another £30+!

Thanks in advance!

Chris

If you are referring to the T-3A with a three-bladed Hartzell prop, it has a diameter of 84 inches. You might do a search for aircraft that were powered by a 540-series Lycoming engine to see if there any kits of those aircraft  you could take a prop from, Failing that, it might be easier and cheaper to take a three-bladed prop from a single-engine kit and reshape the tips and blades to the correct diameter. From the T-3A photos I looked at, the props all had square tips and rotated clockwise, as seen from the cockpit. See attached photo for reference.  If you need the aircraft fitted with the smaller engine, it had a Hartzell two-bladed prop, with a diameter of  80 inches. Hope this helps!

Mike

https://abpic.co.uk/pictures/model/Slingsby T.67M T-3A Firefly

• 2 years later...

@UKPonchoMan I just got a copy of it myself, (in the hopes that maybe some day I will find the Constanza kit) and it does have decals and a canopy, but no props. Not sure why they show props. Sorry to get your hopes up.