1:350 HMS Duncan Type 45 Destroyer

Jase

5 hours ago, Schweinebacke said:

Hello.

I see you have used  putty where the superstructure blends in with   the hull. Is the fit not good ? Iam asking as I have not yet made up my mind as to which kit to buy, Trumpeter or Airfix. I'll be watching this.

Tom

I'm halfway through the airfix kit and the fit is awful I've had to fill every joint, I've no experience of trumpeter kits but I'd be surprised if it could be worse

Edited by S-boat 55

17 hours ago, Schweinebacke said:

Hello.

I see you have used  putty where the superstructure blends in with   the hull. Is the fit not good ? Iam asking as I have not yet made up my mind as to which kit to buy, Trumpeter or Airfix. I'll be watching this.

Tom

Hi Tom, fit is ok but there is a viry small gap to fill.

I have built the Airfix version too and its a dog to biuld lots of fit issues and filling to do and as it is out of production genraly more expensive then the Trumpeter version

hope that helps

So I have come across a small problem with the Atlantic Models etch.  Clearly this was originally designed for the Airfix kit and as such the advanced railing set for inside the hanger does not fit.  The trumpeter kit has a different shape rear hanger bulkhead making the etch for it too wide.  The etch is designed to interlock which ads complication to the fit issue.

46908212602_520fcaa05d_k.jpg

32019302677_9b5059cc92_k.jpg

I am working on a modification now and will post my solution when done

Jase

• Like 3

• 1 year later...