Calling in Panther support

Soeren

Hey there, I realized that here is a Diorama sectrion. I already put the tank in the finished section of the armour forum and thought I would share the diorama here, also to get some recommedation.

Basically I started this a year ago as a multitopic dio and just to try something like this, but figured it to be not very convincing and taking away from the main scope. Which is a Panther G entering a road from the field, to assist an infantry squad with to action that is going on on the other end.

You can see two of the guys placed on the road to get a feeling for the look.

4nwsqjci.jpg

But the Panther was to be the mainactor here and should really show what it was made for.

dpbpytk3.jpg

So I cut it down and set it aside until I put my bigboypants on and finally worked on the figures. The nice Dragon Gen2 set Last Battle.

ile8da8w.jpg

nhngg5ly.jpg

Now 3 of the 4 are sitting on their final spots. Thy guys with a Panzerschreck is still in the making.

fys448yw.jpg

459iij5t.jpg

The tank commander is getting briefed by the squad leader.

ad8gtgf7.jpg

• Like 2

Looks really good.  One thing to consider, which might help pull things together a little more, is to show the tracks shedding mud/soil onto the roadway.  

Matt  

EDIT: Looking at the pictures again, it looks like you might have added what I am describing already.

Edited by Matt Parvis
  • Thanks 1

Yep, great idea, that was the initial plan, but I didnt manage to do that back then. Maybe I can do it now that I have some spare tracks to try to "cast" that from plaster or maybe just crumble some colored cat litter in more or less straight lines? Also thought about doing some damage to the road when the steel Panther tracks are grinding on the cobble stones, will see if I can work out something convincing. Definitely have to go over the tracks running faces and scratch those up as well.

Edited by Soeren

This is getting down to some of the smallest details, but, if the Panther is just coming onto the road from the field/earth, then a certain portion of the track faces would still have dirt since they wouldn't come in contact with the road until a certain distance was traveled.  Part of the reason I suggested the clumps is that the track faces are still dirty so my thought was if you are showing the tank just going onto the road there would be a bunch of clumps around the tracks but the faces would still be covered, at least partially.

Matt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1