SE5a STGB

Peter Lloyd

• 7 months later...

I have completely built and painted a Wingnut Wings SE5a, but haven't done the rigging, does that qualify for the 25% done rule?🤔 ....JK of course but it feels like the rigging saps 75% of my modelling spirit.

I would join, I'd like to build a 1/48 kit with one of the colourful 60 Squadron schemes.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Thanks to those who have joined...

On 8/13/2019 at 2:17 AM, Ted said:

I have completely built and painted a Wingnut Wings SE5a, but haven't done the rigging, does that qualify for the 25% done rule?🤔 ....JK of course but it feels like the rigging saps 75% of my modelling spirit.

I would join, I'd like to build a 1/48 kit with one of the colourful 60 Squadron schemes.

I certainly endorse the idea that rigging is most of the work. I presently have four biplanes stalled due to the heartbreak of trying to do decent rigging in 1/72 scale.  I estimate my Roden Albatros has consumed about four hours in building and painting and probably approaching 20 in rigging, which might be half way done.  Ezy-Line is the devil's own rigging material.

With five worthy swords committed to the cause, we are on the way!

Edited by Peter Lloyd
typos
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Peter Lloyd said:

Ezy-Line is the devil's own rigging material.

Yes, it is terrible, and all of the alternatives are worse. :D

• Haha 1

Do you have anyone in the house with long hair? Cheap, strong, responds well to CA and PVA, good and uniform diameter. Why people bother with stretched sprue or EZ line I do not fathom. It also takes paint well, in case your source is not silver-haired:

NazULWo.jpg

Oh, and I just bought a preowned Roden SE5 on a sale, so I’m all set. :)

Edited by Torbjorn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/22/2019 at 6:46 AM, Torbjorn said:

Do you have anyone in the house with long hair?

Me:

spacer.png

My lady:

spacer.png

🤨

On the upside, she takes no time to get ready to go out. On the downside, I will consume all that saved time with fruitless rigging!