B-17 Mk III of 233 Squadron of 100 Group

Hi,

Please find attached some pictures of my recently completed Airfix B-17 of RAF 100 Group. 

To those who are in the process of building the model please be aware of the squadron code error on the Airfix instructions. Tonyot made a gallant effort to get me the information but alas it was too late. Here's is Tony's comment for reference.

"Looking nice,...I`ve just discovered this one and reading through it I was really hoping that you hadn`t reached the decal stage as I wanted to warn you about a mistake in the kit instructions which is often made elsewhere,..... but I`m too late!! The sqn codes were 6G and they were grouped together as such on both sides of the fuselage and separate from the individual code `B' ,..... but on the left side they have been mistakenly grouped as B6-G!"

In any case here are the pictures and I hope you enjoy them. Oh and if you get a chance do participate in one of the group builds. This was absolutely fantastic....I'm earmarked for the February C-47 group build ...perfect for the 75th anniversary of D-Day.

fYMIfEp.jpg

NSbLLrx.jpg

c7PHkbn.jpg

6k8cCX8.jpg

mbPcW5q.jpg

KHtaqIl.jpg

• Like 21

You`ve done a superb job and it looks brutal in its Bomber Command colours,........I would imagine it would cause a stir with some of your American friends? Fantastic effort and I`m so very sorry that I didn`t get to you in time,.....it makes no odds though,.....she looks brilliant,

Cheers

Tony

PS- See you in next months C-47 Dakota GB,.... although I`ve already started one in the Coastal GB!!

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, tonyot said:

You`ve done a superb job and it looks brutal in its Bomber Command colours,........I would imagine it would cause a stir with some of your American friends? Fantastic effort and I`m so very sorry that I didn`t get to you in time,.....it makes no odds though,.....she looks brilliant,

Cheers

Tony

PS- See you in next months C-47 Dakota GB,.... although I`ve already started one in the Coastal GB!!

Thanks Tony! Well the modeling folks I hang out will know they were used by the RAF but the 100 Group that's a bit more than most American modelers are into. So yes it will be interesting....when the questions start..." what is that mast for " as an example. LOL!

I'll have to check out the Coastal Command GB. 

All the Best!

Don

PS...I think you may know a friend of mine...Dave Wallace...he lives in Cheshire

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DJJunis said:

Thanks Tony! Well the modeling folks I hang out will know they were used by the RAF but the 100 Group that's a bit more than most American modelers are into. So yes it will be interesting....when the questions start..." what is that mast for " as an example. LOL!

I'll have to check out the Coastal Command GB. 

All the Best!

Don

PS...I think you may know a friend of mine...Dave Wallace...he lives in Cheshire

Cheers Don,

I`m rubbish with names but I`d probably recognise Dave straight away. 

All the best mate and keep up the great work,

Tony

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Baldy said:

Nicely built B-17. Always been interested in 100 Group operations. Good call on the decals although it was too late for you!

Cheers

Malcolm

Thanks Malcolm ... It is a very interesting group that is for certain...interesting modeling subject also.  As far as the markings go better to let people know so they can make the corrections. It's part of the hobby.

All the Best!

Don

• Thanks 1