Eduard P40N Warhawk 1/48

Hi there,

My first post is a kit that I built a few years ago. It's the profipack repop of the Mauve 1/48 P40. Post shaded and chipped, the effect is quite (maybe too) subtle. Gunze Aqueous is my paint of choice at the moment.

Its quite a clean build, I may revisit at some point and add exhaust stains but I just loved the skull motif and didn't want to f....., well you know.

Really enjoyed building the kit.

Comments welcome.

Rick

gak3NO4hNppM3-smpU9u4iCkx7ywV2axIL_orP1Y

fcgdzX43gcIfY1GaL9Fp52edB3gNna6Ed9XGWHQB

ZIftxQIo3jM2HuSPsOogl0S0kQxE_OgXqHvXJMz9

7kAp0K5GbX2WNsOQ9dC5n13KE2YFlr_xNnyOsYjA

• Like 28

It's an older kit brought up to muster by the usual excellent Eduard goodies, resin, etch and fab decal options. My copy had a badly warped wing which now has (thin) alloy reinforcing to bring it back into shape. 

That part of the build was a struggle as I remember!

Very nice build, Rick!  I think you did a grand job on the weathering.      Perhaps someday you’ll add those exhaust stains. If you do those, the only thing you might also want to dirty up are the tires.  The 80th FG, aka the “Burma Banshees,” spent a lot of time in the dirt and mud!

Cheers,

Mark

Thanks for the enlightenment regarding the Banshee reference. Looking at it with fresh eyes the tyres are in need of a rework. They have nice tread detail and are crying out for some special love, I may break out the pastel shades! If I’m feeling lucky I may give the exhaust a go too. Breathe some new life into the old gal.

Thanks all for looking.

Rick, that looks very nice. I agree with some of the other comments, the tyres would look nice with some pastels to make them look dusty. I find often that after weathering my models subtly, it doesn't show up so well in photographs but looks great to the naked eye so apart from (possibly) adding some exhaust staining, I would leave well alone. Looks great as it is.

Cheers

Malcolm