Eduard 1/48th Hawker Tempest mk V

Hi all - well here is no 1 of the bench for 2019.  I made a series ii from the series i kit as all parts are in there - and sorted out the daftly large and wrongly shaped prop holes in the spinner. The "cuckoo clock" air filter is scratch built.  Xtradecal markings for an immediate-post-war 56 Squadron crate. Paints & post shade are Tamiya and Gunze for the camo - freehanded with HS Evolution, weathering from oil washes, detail painting from an assortment of acrylics. All comments welcome as ever.

Hope you like her.

Jonners

7aij2x1.jpg

OW7KCTh.jpg

• Like 35

53 minutes ago, Jon Kunac-Tabinor said:

Hope you like her.

Like her...   ...NO!

Love her...   ...YES, YES, YES!!!

Superb model of my favourite WWII aircraft, smashing job, well done Jon!

Lovely Tempest Jon - beautiful finish and weathering. The only comment I would make is that the aerial looks overscale - is that what is provided in the kit?

Cheers

Malcolm

2 hours ago, Baldy said:

Lovely Tempest Jon - beautiful finish and weathering. The only comment I would make is that the aerial looks overscale - is that what is provided in the kit?

Cheers

Malcolm

Hi Malcolm - yes it is. Theres a PE alternative but the IM part here looked better taper wise. It is thick in a thin way i guess! LOL :)

Thanks for looking.

Jonners

Top job as always Jon and wearing one of my favourite Tempest V colours and markings to boot,........ you have recreated the brutal beauty of the real thing in bucketloads mate!

Cheers

Tony

Nicely done! I’ve had this kit in my stash for awhile. Might need to move it up in the queue. 

Your paint in work is fantastic, considering that’s all freehand camo. Very crisp. I like it t a lot. Thanks for sharing!