Hello from Shropshire

Rogue.

Hi everyone, I’ve been lurking on the forum for a few months now and decided to finally register.

I served in the RAF and currently work for Airbus as a Helicopter Engineer

It’s been about a 30 year break from scale modelling for me (Appears to be a fairly popular duration judging by others that have posted recently), and a chance visit to the Telford Exhibition last November on a day I was at a loose end, has re-lit the embers from my youth.

My interest mainly lies in WW2 Allied and Axis aircraft, vehicles and Tanks, as well as cold war jets.

I’m looking forward to going back over old favourites from my youth and don’t find it that surprising that the classic aircraft kits are still just as popular (Spitfire, Hurricane, 109, 190, F4, F14, A10 etc etc).

I am especially looking forward to learning to airbrush, I could never afford a decent one as a kid.

So as the oldest has finally left home, the man cave is under construction and I am looking forward to spending some getting reacquainted with the hobby.

keep up the good work, I look forward to learning a lot more from you guys.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the warm welcome. Yes, it seems that once the kids are out of the way and the other half is happy amusing herself with the Grandchildren, we are then free to resume where we left off after first meeting each other 😁

Man cave complete, and first test build underway. A 1/72 Hurricane from the Airfix Victoria Cross Icons boxset. This is more about me not leaving glue fingerprints over every surface, practicing filling and sanding and hopefully some airbrushing!

IMG-5033.jpg

Edited by Rogue.
  • Sad 1