RAF VENOM NF3

MADMUSKY

Hi Folks

I'm planning on building the old 32nd Matchbox Sea Venom, but plan on doing the NF3 of 151 Sqn, RAF Leuchars option. But since the RAF NF3 wasn't fitted with ejection seats i was wondering if anyone knows or has any pictures, diagrams of the seats fitted in place of the ejection seats, internet searches come up short. Any help would be most grateful.

Cheers

Darren

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MADMUSKY said:

Mmmm looks like rare as rocking horse poo and hens teeth then

From what I gather they are all very much all the same type of seat, if that is the case then the seats are the same one fitted to the early Canberra T.4 I have photos of the seat on my site here. Canberra seats go to the last page the last few photos are the bucket seats.

John

Edited by canberra kid
  • Like 2

• 2 years later...
1 minute ago, NAVY870 said:

Same as the Sea Venom

Port side:

2FpkjVY.jpg

Starboard side:

lvggkHN.jpg

wasn't there a hydraulic tank somewhere in there as well? The problem I have is I haven't seen how these are orientated in relation to each other there does not seem to be any clear images showing the whole arrangement together.

Selwyn

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Selwyn said:

Sorry to butt in here but I am also  having a go at the  NF3 Venom. Have you got any detail of the installations under the canopy behind the seats?

Selwyn

any help

ww145%2010.jpg

1 hour ago, Julien said:

any help

ww145%2010.jpg

Thanks,  but I already have this image its not really helpful. I really need a good plan view, but there is no image available as far as I can see. I have looked all over the place,  Even the CMR NF3 venom  is a bit of a  "What if" detail on that area of the kit.

Selwyn

On 2/13/2021 at 11:41 AM, Selwyn said:

Sorry to butt in here but I am also  having a go at the  NF3 Venom. Have you got any detail of the installations under the canopy behind the seats?

Selwyn

Hi @Selwyn and @BushBrit66This is what I have so far, I'll keep digging. 

j7AM6e.jpg

j7ARHX.jpg

j7A4mb.jpg

j7ADqf.jpg

John

Edited by canberra kid
added a name
  • Thanks 1

I had forgotten just how much I really like the look of this aircraft - in both its ship based and land based form. I remember making the original Matchbox release many years ago and being impressed with the kit at the time. When the model is cleaned up, and a set of good seats installed, and good decals used, I rekon the old Matchbox (or more recent Revell) kit looks pretty good. It's a shame the kit is no longer in production. The type would make an excellent candidate subject for a future Airfix release in their post-war 1/48 British fighter range... mmm a 1/48 Venom NF.3 (and/or Sea Venom FAW.22) in a big red box... no brainer really... one day!

Rich

• Like 1