This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

MAD STEVE

GRUMPY MODELLERS

I have a major grump! 

Where in the Universe is my transport?

I was told some years ago, by one of what you poor people without the Gaelic call the 'Fairies' ( corruption of a Gaelic word meaning 'The Watchers' which is a rough approximation of what the word Arcturian means), that the Arcturian 'Greyhound' inter stellar coach would make an unscheduled stop in my sleepy little glen to take me and my family back to my homeworld of Harrumph. Every clear night over the last few years (we get about five clear nights a year here in Argyll) I have stood outside watching and waiting for them to swing by but still nothing. 

Anyone got a direct line to the Arcturian Inter-stellar travel bureau or even a passing saucer?

1 hour ago, Beardie said:

I have a major grump! 

Where in the Universe is my transport?

I was told some years ago, by one of what you poor people without the Gaelic call the 'Fairies' ( corruption of a Gaelic word meaning 'The Watchers' which is a rough approximation of what the word Arcturian means), that the Arcturian 'Greyhound' inter stellar coach would make an unscheduled stop in my sleepy little glen to take me and my family back to my homeworld of Harrumph. Every clear night over the last few years (we get about five clear nights a year here in Argyll) I have stood outside watching and waiting for them to swing by but still nothing. 

Anyone got a direct line to the Arcturian Inter-stellar travel bureau or even a passing saucer?

Hi Beardie,

You been at the Midori again?

9 hours ago, MAD STEVE said:

Yeah but i dont have booze or chocolate :)

Hello Mad,

I know which I'd choose.

You type 1 or 2?

8 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

@Tzulscha was lamenting the lack of German type supermarkets

on Mars or wherever it is he lives on another thread.

If I may, I'll just have a small grump about the lack of Tim Tams on general sale here.

I mean, I could buy them in a French supermarket (Carrefour) in Riyadh!

No, I did not suck tea through them! Well maybe just once to try it. (yuck).

You chose to live in Lincs.

18 hours ago, Gorby said:

Recipe for making bootleg 'Old Jamaica'.

You will need:

Raisins,

Significant quantity of rum,

Sacrificial chocolate.

1 idiot. 

Method:

Make sure raisins are entirely covered in rum (with the intention of using any that isn't absorbed for the next batch) and leave overnight.

Next morning show mild consternation that ALL the rum has been absorbed.

Add to melted chocolate, then spread on a tray to cool.

Consume (preferably when alone so you don't have to share).

DON'T DRIVE! Or expect to remember the rest of the evening. :drunk:

Expect heavy casualties in the brain department.

Repeat. :blush:

The raisins and chocolate seem to be a bit of an unnecessary fluff that gets in the way of the main act. I would recommend a bottle of Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva, a glass and an ice cube or two.

3 hours ago, spaddad said:

Hello Mad,

I know which I'd choose.

You type 1 or 2?

You chose to live in Lincs.

Morning Chaps :bye:

Type 2 Spaddad. Take tablets, eat better and all that. Wasn't like I was eating crisps and chocolates all day and every day but its working so I'm happy.

I kicked drinking, I Kicked smoking I can kick this :) 

Hey, even we get ethinic Tim Tams here in Africa's bottom, but from the look on the box I thought they were pellet food for Kangaroo's :) 

For saying this is supposed to be a grump thread, there are an awful lot of happy amount of people about. (Except Beardie... One never quite knows when he's being serious and you laugh at him, and then he sends you a whatsapp from on board the spaceship :) 

15 hours ago, MAD STEVE said:

Yeah but i dont have booze or chocolate

2 upmanship. I have a pool, incahol and chocolate, just NOT using the first at the mo.

For the record I am Grumpy...………………. SWMBO doesn't call me Victor Meldrew  for nothing.

If I was religious I would have a monk on all the time.

Dick

42 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

2 upmanship. I have a pool, incahol and chocolate, just NOT using the first at the mo.

C'mon John, you know you really, really, really want to go out and break the first hole in the ice......🥃 🐧

Question for all you multilingual ambidextrous world walking knowitall's out there, would I be correct in assuming a Tim Tam is basically a Penguin?

11 minutes ago, spaddad said:

Question for all you multilingual ambidextrous world walking knowitall's out there, would I be correct in assuming a Tim Tam is basically a Penguin?

No, you would not. Completely different beasties entirely. When I get a chance I'll do a detailed comparison (unless someone else does it first), with photos!

And what's this 'suck tea through it' balderdash? It's meant to be hot chocolate or Milo (hot or cold). Coffee is an acceptable 'grownup' beverage, but really, you're sucking a chocolate drink through a chocolate biscuit- how grownup can you be, eh?

:D

8 hours ago, Beardie said:

Presumably you'll be pointing out to them that despite being able to travel between galaxies, they don't have an all weather capability to deal with a cloudy night in Argyll?

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 3:58 PM, Beardie said:

"Would you like to try these, I think they taste like vomit?" 

Try the cardboard stiffeners in with the Hershey bars: they taste much better, well, no worse.

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 9:26 PM, PhoenixII said:

Try B&M

I had to read that twice: thought for a moment the thread had already taken an interesting turn.

Edited by Seahawk

Listening to my new Tangerine Dream album.

Nothing to grump about at the moment.

First training back for the year, get smacked in shin with the cricket ball fielding...now I'm grumpy and have a brusied lump on my shin....

3 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Ahem... 3 upmanship....

Ours don't freeze over, our wine doesn't taste like donkey wee and our chocolate doesn't taste like badger vomit... :)  

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

First training back for the year, get smacked in shin with the cricket ball fielding...now I'm grumpy and have a brusied lump on my shin....

Well you lot cant really play cricket anyway :) 

2 hours ago, Rob G said:

No, you would not. Completely different beasties entirely.

Looks like a Penguin.

I have to say that today I am exceedingly grumpy.

I have discovered the Cosford show clashes with my trip to London to see the only performance in the UK of one of my musical heroes. (Todd Rundgren from the U.S.)

I explored the possibility of getting back from London in time to attend the show, but timings etc are not good.

As I've already bought the concert ticket I'll have to concede Cosford is lost this year.

Never mind, I'll go to another show. What's this ? Stoke's show on 24th March? 

Perfect !

Oh. It's my birthday weekend. Oh. SWIMBO is organising a family meal. No Stoke club show for me.

An exceedingly grumpy modeller here - why don't clubs and artistes liaise with each other to make life easy for us?

4 minutes ago, Whofan said:

I have to say that today I am exceedingly grumpy.

I have discovered the Cosford show clashes with my trip to London to see the only performance in the UK of one of my musical heroes. (Todd Rundgren from the U.S.)

I explored the possibility of getting back from London in time to attend the show, but timings etc are not good.

As I've already bought the concert ticket I'll have to concede Cosford is lost this year.

Never mind, I'll go to another show. What's this ? Stoke's show on 24th March? 

Perfect !

Oh. It's my birthday weekend. Oh. SWIMBO is organising a family meal. No Stoke club show for me.

An exceedingly grumpy modeller here - why don't clubs and artistes liaise with each other to make life easy for us?

You could always do the Peterborough show on 3rd March. Two days due East of you if you walk briskly. hth

@Bonhoff many years ago I did quiz them about their 'all weather' capabilities. Apparently they never figured Scottish clouds into the design for their fleet of 'luxury' inter-stellar coaches. I'm told the particular blend of moisture, and other stuff, in the clouds here really musses up the paintwork and makes it hard to see the mountains. Believe it or not they don't have Radar of any sort as they say it interferes with the 'light drive' engines. Essentially these huge transport machines run on massive coils of 'Arcturian light' or, to convert that into English,'Fairy lights'.

16 minutes ago, chris57 said:

You could always do the Peterborough show on 3rd March. Two days due East of you if you walk briskly. hth

I have considered that show. It's a possibility.

1 hour ago, MAD STEVE said:

Ahem... 3 upmanship....

Ours don't freeze over, our wine doesn't taste like donkey wee and our chocolate doesn't taste like badger vomit... :)  

Well you lot cant really play cricket anyway :) 

Never tried badger vomit.

What's it like ?

21 minutes ago, Mick4350 said:

What's it like ?

French chocolate apparently.

How bad is the food in Africa’s bottom Steve? Even with me eating rabbit food, British food isn't bad enough for me to start experimenting with tasting the puke of countryside critters.

Even rabbits.

The food here is not bad Gorb's, once its stopped wriggling and screaming :) 

It reminds me of a chap that came out to visit friends of ours from America. He bought his own milk (low fat), his own bread, and cereal (captain crunch) because he had heard that our shops were akin to the soviet union era shops in the 60's.... 

He did feel like a bit of a boob when we took him to a big hypermarket. 

We have mostly what you have over there... except Cape Fruit. Have to go to the UK, America or Australia to get that :) 

Badger vomit is similar to a mixture of warm sour milk and 3 day old vegetable curry. The trick is not about eating it and not throwing up, but rather making the badger throw up in the first place. true skill that, true skill :)  

13 minutes ago, MAD STEVE said:

True skill that, true skill :)  

Considering that it's the Honey Badger in your neck of the woods, not only is skill required - but out and out lunacy....