This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

MAD STEVE

GRUMPY MODELLERS

Pair of Size 11 Boots. Have new boots to replace the worn out pair.

6 minutes ago, Mick4350 said:

Pair of Size 11 Boots. Have new boots to replace the worn out pair.

That's what I'm talking about, have no idea how that fits in here, good to see you're back Mick

I've got size 11 boots myself (several pairs). Don't wear anything else. Actually size 11 footwear (or 12 as, occasionally it's a 12 that fits) are a major grumble with  me.

All my life, since I was about 12, I have worn size 11(ish) footwear. Many is the time I have gone into a shop and they have had nothing in that size but the shop assistant would always say "we get so many folk in looking for that size but we only get one pair in each style at the larger sizes". 

I always wondered why on Earth, if they were inundated with people looking for that size they never got in multiples! Just another proof to me that the world is totally mad and run by morons.

Not doing too badly, remember this is relative.... still pretty miffed at life the universe and everything!

How's all with you Dave?

Just now, Beardie said:

I've got size 11 boots myself (several pairs). Don't wear anything else. .

I can't unsee that image in my head. I know you live in the boonies but don't you still get arrested a lot?

I was only referring to my feet there! It's too damn warm for winter here but it ain't as warm as all that!

The bad news is the weather is supposed to improve over the next few days, looks like you're not going to get the cold wave (opposite to heat wave?) you've been hoping for, there's always next winter.

Whilst we're on the subject of insects do you suffer much from midgies in your neck of the wilderness?

Everything's going swimmingly. Car failed mot so no wheels = no work. Computers on the verge of having a heart attack. Sorting out my pensions is more Byzantine than you could imagine,can't sleep, other than that life's fandabbydosie.

Jeez man! Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time. Doom and gloom seem to be the order of the day for a lot of folks these days. I don't know anyone who isn't having trouble of one sort or another at the moment. Definitely interesting times. Hope it gets better for you. Grumping is one thing but sometimes it just ain't enough to counter the genuine problems of the real world.

Oh aye we most certainly do and various other annoying little insects. Tonight I have been working on an oil painting as a house-warming gift for my mother and these pesky wee. flies have been doing their best to get themselves literally 'in the picture' for the last couple of hours. I have to say that there has been no shortage of flying insects around here all winter. I seem to recall that they said some years ago that Global Warming would mean colder winters for Scotland. Sure ain't turning out that way so far.

I guess I ain't getting a cold-wave unless I move to the arctic circle and maybe not even then. I was talking to a chap from Northern Finland on another forum a couple of weeks ago and he was saying that even Finnish winters ain't what they used to be by a long chalk. 

Anyways I better go and get me head down so I'm signing off for the night.

38 minutes ago, spaddad said:

The bad news is the weather is supposed to improve over the next few days, looks like you're not going to get the cold wave (opposite to heat wave?) you've been hoping for, there's always next winter.

Whilst we're on the subject of insects do you suffer much from midgies in your neck of the wilderness?

There is a cyclone just off our coast.

2 hours ago, Mick4350 said:

There is a cyclone just off our coast.

What, four of them and attached to a B-17?

I’ll see meself out......

1 hour ago, Max Headroom said:

I’ll see meself out......

of this low depression,   that's bringing some needed rain hereabouts . Eleven metre waves Gold/sunshine coast beaches are predicted.

Edited by Mick4350

08:10 this morning, Boston ASDA.

We all hate Muzak, and grumble about it, right?

This place was rocking along to Guns n Roses, Sweet Child of mine! 😃

Maybe they changed it when the grumpy lot went in at nine?

The new ad,why's Citroens famous double arrowhead turned into a boomerang,what's next Peugeot going to redesign their famous lion into a tabby...

(Official member of the bring back the 2CV and Saxo party)....

22 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

08:10 this morning, Boston ASDA.

We all hate Muzak, and grumble about it, right?

This place was rocking along to Guns n Roses, Sweet Child of mine! 😃

Maybe they changed it when the grumpy lot went in at nine?

Wow, this is startling on at least 2 counts, firstly that Boston has an Asda & secondly that they have even heard of guns n' roses, you sure it was Boston? in Lincolnshire?

8 minutes ago, spaddad said:

Wow, this is startling on at least 2 counts, firstly that Boston has an Asda & secondly that they have even heard of guns n' roses, you sure it was Boston? in Lincolnshire?

What the sausage, or the tea party ?

19 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

The new ad,why's Citroens famous double arrowhead turned into a boomerang

That's to resemble reality, they have to return so often to be fixed. :wicked:

22 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

Citroens famous double arrowhead

Errm. It represents a helical gear as a nod to André Citroen's background.

19 minutes ago, bhouse said:

Errm. It represents a helical gear as a nod to André Citroen's background.

I stand corrected...

On 2/20/2019 at 2:38 PM, Bonhoff said:

He can't get there because the car is broken....

Peugeot perchance?

IanJ

I hear that, owned a diesel 207 gt for less than 2 years, it did more miles on the back of recovery trucks than on its tyres.

Dpf clogged due to a tear in additive bag which took the turbo with it in a large cloud of smoke on the a45

no less than 4 clutch master cylinders, did the slave cylinder with the second just in case

alternator 

starter motor

2 injectors lost the coding somehow

all before 80k 

chopped in on a rare occasion it was working for a civic, although still get paranoid about every little noise

There's a reason why Peugeots have a 3-year warranty: it takes at least that long to debug them.  I was a regular visitor to the dealer: paintwork flaws, faulty wiring looms, flooded footwell (twice), etc, etc. To be fair, at about the 3-year mark it did settle down.  The oilstains on my drive (cylinder head gasket) are a memorial to its latter days.

On 2/21/2019 at 8:39 PM, Vince1159 said:

what's next Peugeot going to redesign their famous lion into a tabby...

I’ll just leave this here......

https://www.peugeot.co.uk/news/peugeot-lion-sculpture/

You’re welcome.

Trevor Peugeot- Driver

What really annoys me about this site, or, its members is their thanks or gratefulness for help them out.  Someone will find they have reached a problem with a build, need help with an airbrush, need photos for reference build, looking for paint advice - lets say matching paint up or even what colour or make a member used in there build, buying kits from members(they rarely acknowledge thanks and that the kits arrived)…………….just a simple thank you is all it takes and all you get is - nothing!  You offer advice, you may even spend 20 minutes or so searching for a source of material, or even a spare part for someone missing a part in their kit...……...really winds me up when I watch a member helping another member out and he gets no response, remark or even a thank you

1 hour ago, rayprit said:

.really winds me up when I watch a member helping another member out and he gets no response, remark or even a thank you

It's not just this place, it's endemic to society as a whole.

55 minutes ago, Rob G said:

It's not just this place, it's endemic to society as a whole.

That is true, BUT I tend to notice it MORE on this site...…………..brings it to the fore