This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

MAD STEVE

GRUMPY MODELLERS

On 2/15/2019 at 12:16 AM, Beardie said:

.When out and he needs to do his business he backs up to any handy bushes before relieving the pressure.

If he feels sick or needs to let his bowels loose when we are asleep or unavailable for whatever reason he will go to the kitchen where there is easier to clean flooring.

There are loads of people in this country who haven't yet achieved this level of behaviour.

And another thing while I am on, Windows American spellchecker. Bloody annoying or what. As I type this I have behaviour in the above line (& now this line too) underlined by the dreaded squiggly red line. Now I know I've spelt it correctly but sometimes the squiggly makes you doubt yourself so out comes the dictionary & after 2 minutes of wasted life I am triumphant once again. Why America,why? How do you spell behaviour?  Does anyone know of an English version of spellchecker with which you could replace the damn Yankee abomination?

On 2/17/2019 at 1:33 AM, hairystick said:

"Disgustingly uncivilised"

Applies to the country as a whole not just in relation to litter.

And another thing while I'm suitably wound up, the amount of photos some people include in their RFI posts. Ok I get it, you're proud of your latest masterpiece but I have just viewed a new post with 24 photos, 24! That's just narcissistic. And before anyone bangs on about needing that many to appreciate everything that's going on believe me this model didn't need that many. Petty, I know, but I'm just in that kind of mood.

55 minutes ago, spruecutter96 said:

Grumpy Modellers? Is there any other kind?

Chris. 

Yes, they even have their own thread, Happy to be Happy or Show everyone you're happy or something.

Edited by spaddad

Watch out ……………. Spaddad is on a roll :boxing:

Keep ya heads down guys :bounce:

Let me know when it's safe to emerge :wacko:

Dick

1 hour ago, jenko said:

Watch out ……………. Spaddad is on a roll :boxing:

Keep ya heads down guys :bounce:

Let me know when it's safe to emerge :wacko:

Dick

Why ? 

The state of grumpy is not is always there, as there can be contentment at times,

unless ...

16 minutes ago, Mick4350 said:

Why ? 

The state of grumpy is not is always there, as there can be contentment at times,

unless ...

Hi Mick,

good to see you're back to your usual (for me at least) impenetrably cryptic posts, I could actually make sense of your last 2 posts & I was starting to worry that you'd lost it.

5 minutes ago, Beardie said:

Contentment? What's that then? 

Beats me.

Anybody seen Mad Steve lately, he hasn't posted, at least in this thread, for a while now. Of course it's possible (but not very likely) that he doesn't have anything to grump about but I highly doubt that.

1 hour ago, spaddad said:

And another thing while I'm suitably wound up, the amount of photos some people include in their RFI posts. Ok I get it, you're proud of your latest masterpiece but I have just viewed a new post with 24 photos, 24! That's just narcissistic. And before anyone bangs on about needing that many to appreciate everything that's going on believe me this model didn't need that many. Petty, I know, but I'm just in that kind of mood.

I haven't bothered to go and look but, it was you wasn't it?

57 minutes ago, Beardie said:

Listening to Tangerine Dream.

Well that assumes that you like Tangerine Dream and I can't say that I'm a fan,

4 hours ago, spruecutter96 said:

Grumpy Modellers? Is there any other kind?

Chris. 

Just in case anyone thought this was serious, it was very much "tongue-in-cheek", Folks!

Chris. 

Finished work, got in the car, started up and reversed out. Hmm, that doesn't sound right?

Forward again. Odd noise when I turn the wheel. Get out and check, Left side too low.

Luckily we have a garage 100 yards away (private road) so I slowly reversed there and they confirmed the front spring is broken.

Now the good news is, I didn't go to the Sunday market yesterday, so it didn't break in a pothole there (recovery truck job).

And, more importantly, it didn't break at 60mph, in the dark, on the way into work this morning. I'd have ended up in a hedge. (at best!)

For some odd reason it just went 'twang' as it sat there, waiting for me, near the garage that does my MOT's.

So yes, Bummer, But it could have been much worse. Oh, I borrowed a van from work to get home. In at 05:30 tomorrow!

9 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Finished work, got in the car, started up and reversed out. Hmm, that doesn't sound right?

Forward again. Odd noise when I turn the wheel. Get out and check, Left side too low.

Luckily we have a garage 100 yards away (private road) so I slowly reversed there and they confirmed the front spring is broken.

Now the good news is, I didn't go to the Sunday market yesterday, so it didn't break in a pothole there (recovery truck job).

And, more importantly, it didn't break at 60mph, in the dark, on the way into work this morning. I'd have ended up in a hedge. (at best!)

For some odd reason it just went 'twang' as it sat there, waiting for me, near the garage that does my MOT's.

So yes, Bummer, But it could have been much worse. Oh, I borrowed a van from work to get home. In at 05:30 tomorrow!

not a major job on a Mondeo. Might be worth looking at the wishbone bushes while it's out.

Evening chaps. 

Not a grump, but very sad. 

Wife and I took ourselves off to the coast for a nice relaxing weekend. My parents phoned me on saturday afternoon to tell me my labrador cross, Gizmo, had passed away. Shes been part of our family for 19 years and im just shattered. She went for her afternoon nap and just didnt wake up. My Border Collie seems a bit lost at the mo, but she is starting to settle. 

Feeling a bit lost honestly but hey, life goes on. 

2 hours ago, spaddad said:

Anybody seen Mad Steve lately, he hasn't posted, at least in this thread, for a while now. Of course it's possible (but not very likely) that he doesn't have anything to grump about but I highly doubt that.

Spad, he's getting away from it all :wacko: On a short break to the coast, got fed up with Jo'burg......or the Inhabitants! :whistle:

Never fear......he WILL return :evil_laugh:

1 hour ago, MAD STEVE said:

Gizmo, had passed away.

Sorry to hear about Gizmo Steve, after 19 years it's bound to hit you hard.

That's a damn good age Steve. You must have given him a good life.

2 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

You jammy sod.

6 hours ago, spaddad said:

Couldn’t agree more; why does anyone feel the need to take photos at 10o increments horizontally and vertically all the way round their model?  That’s a bit too much “look at me, mum!” for my taste.  Most of my models don’t even get one photo, unless some poor disturbed soul at a show decides they so very desperately want one of one of my efforts.

1 minute ago, stever219 said:

Couldn’t agree more; why does anyone feel the need to take photos at 10o increments horizontally and vertically all the way round their model?  That’s a bit too much “look at me, mum!” for my taste.  Most of my models don’t even get one photo, unless some poor disturbed soul at a show decides they so very desperately want one of one of my efforts.

Some models would get a like from me as they are undeniably good models but just as a point of principle I don't bother.

On 2/18/2019 at 7:36 AM, Beardie said:

A word specifically invented to get a good score in scrabble?:shrug:

.......and, while we're grumping about multiple photos, what about having to scroll through the same ruddy lot, only for the next poster to add "nice model !"

Dunno how many times the mods and others have brought this to the attention of the membership, only to have it ignored, again and again and again........

Slack, lame or lazy ??

Gets up my nose, anyway !

Rog