This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

MAD STEVE

GRUMPY MODELLERS

Yes chaps, after exhausting negotiations with 'the man', agreement has been made that we may have a new grump thread.

Now, pay attention chaps, yes you at the back come in closer....

This is a light hearted thread devoted to getting stuff off your chest, having a laugh and a giggle and generally having a chat with like minded chaps on this site. 

There's no reason why you cant let it all go and complain about Tesco, Volvo's, the idiot next door, or the idiots indoors, but lets just keep it light hearted, keep it focused and keep the faith. No bad language, no trying to get bad language through using other means, and generally following the rules of the forum. 

If you don't like people moaning about things, simples, don't read about them, there's plenty of Cats, Sheds, happy threads around, and even some modelling ones I believe.  

Happiness? Good. Lets all behave like grown ups and combine our two favourite things, having the odd grump, and modelling :) 

16 minutes ago, MAD STEVE said:

having the odd grump

People that minimise their intentions!  They're so annoying :wicked:

Steve's said it all really, but in case someone does endanger the thread (or any thread) with their stupidity, and a quiet word doesn't work, take it straight to a Mod to deal with :)

Just now, spaddad said:

I'm not happy about this.

Would you like a biscuit 🍪:) 

Just now, MAD STEVE said:

Would you like a biscuit 🍪:) 

Don't know about him, but I would.  They're too far away presently.  In the shop :(

22 minutes ago, MAD STEVE said:

There's no reason why you cant let it all go and complain about Volvo's 

Oi! I resemble that remark!

26 minutes ago, MAD STEVE said:

Volvo's,

Some very nice people drive Volvos but then there are the others.

4 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Oi! I resemble that remark!

I'm more concerned by the apostrophe :boom:  Volvo's latest model is a safety conscious car.  They make Volvos though. :smartass:

Ooh, can I be a grammar nazi in here? :fuhrer:

Guess which category I fit into?

Just now, Mike said:

I'm more concerned by the apostrophe :boom:  Volvo's latest model is a safety conscious car.  They make Volvos though. :smartass:

Ooh, can I be a grammar nazi in here? :fuhrer:

Go away and polish your keyboard... :) 

That would shorten the lifespan of the legends.  Only double-shot keys would survive the polishing, and they're too expensive to add to an existing keyboard.  That said, my S key is looking a bit like a shrunken u that's flying away these days, so maybe I'll have to bite the bullet? :hmmm: 

Dear Sir. I would like to complain about the quality of digestive biscuits. They break and drop into my tea before I can dunk them.

Yours,

Amelia Trellis (Mrs).

North Wales.

You know how long its been since I've had a proper digestive.... :( 

We cant get proper ones down here in Africa's Bottom. I tried getting some in Carrefour when we where in France in August but they just had all that foreign stuff... I just had to suck it in and suffer with Oreo's with my coffee... 

1 minute ago, MAD STEVE said:

You know how long its been since I've had a proper digestive.... :( 

We cant get proper ones down here in Africa's Bottom.

I feel your pain Steve. Supermarkets here in France used to have an British section with all sorts of goodies from home on them, but with the rise of the companies like Mouse to House who deliver stuff to France from UK supermarkets, it's died a death. But at least now we can order anything from Tesco, Morrison's, Ocado and best of all, Iceland (Sainsbury's refuse to deliver to a third party so don't participate). So I can still have a Ruby whenever I like. Lovely jubley.

John.

That sounds like a good deal :) 

Every now and again the odd packet of Hobnobs will appear in the local supermarket and a Ninja strike is performed to get them out as quickly as possible :) but I cant eat them nowadays because of my bloomin sugar thing... 

33 minutes ago, MAD STEVE said:

Go away and polish your keyboard... :) 

Euphemism?

1 minute ago, spaddad said:

Euphemism?

Bless you... you should take something for that :) 

54 minutes ago, MAD STEVE said:

We cant get proper ones down here in Africa's Bottom

We can't get proper bangers or chocolate here. It's a disgrace. 

8 minutes ago, John Laidlaw said:

We can't get proper bangers or chocolate here. It's a disgrace. 

My wife said pretty much the same about the chocolate, its all weird... 

Well, She weird so I don't quite know what her version of weird is :) 

American chocolate is pretty awful even though I am not a chocolate fan. The wife bought a bag of Hershey's Kisses some time back thinking they sounded nice and exotic. She was disappointed when she found out they were just blobs of chocolate and she was horrified when she tasted them. She tried to offer them to my stepdaughter and various other people but I think her 'sales technique' was flawed - "Would you like to try these, I think they taste like vomit?" 

Surprisingly no-one was willing to sample these 'chocolate' delights.

18 minutes ago, Beardie said:

"Would you like to try these, I think they taste like vomit?"

That's exactly what most Hershy's chocolate tastes like - apparently it's due to the preservative they add.

Hersheys developed as a way to use up sour milk, so no surprise there.

But UK and European kids are obcessed with it!!

Apparently Australian cadbury is different to allow for the climate.

Shhhh...... Don't mention Cadbury that is a topic that could go 'super-nova' in regard to how the flavour has changed in recent years.

Hershys 'chocolate'.

The gift that just keeps on giving…......... enormous amusement to Brits who know what chocolate really tastes like. :tease: :rofl:

I wouldn't know Marty, as I'm not a fan of Cadbury. Give me Galaxy everytime, except if I could travel back in time and have a bar of (bare in mind now that the memory isn't what it used to be) Fry's Five Boys chocolate; two layers of milk with plain sandwiched in between. Luverly.