This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Father Cool

1:1400 Enterprise E photoetch

Just a quick note.

I am currently building the AMT 1:1400 enterprise E and have been finding it very difficult to get hold of the Paragraphix photo etch set here in the UK.

Anyway, to cut a long story short I am producing my own etches for it instead, drawn up by measuring the model.

It will include all of the parts that are on the Paragraphix version but to my design with the addition of transporter emitters as well.

I am also going to produce 3D printed extra parts for the nemesis version.

The question is would anyone be interested in purchasing these if I made them available to buy (etches and maybe 3D print parts)?

Oh, yes... I'd be interested.

I'm a bit surprised that you've had so much trouble getting the ParaGrafix etch, though, as I've found them to be good people to order from direct. Having said that, I found that Above and Beyond, the UK seller they mention on their website, doesn't have that set at the moment, but Modellbau Koenig in Germany does, for 25.50 Euros.

Yes I saw that but the postage is nearly as much as the etch. I design etches all the time for my other model projects so its not really a problem to get an etch done to my own design. I am happier with what I have designed so far in any case for the Enterprise E so its all good.

I have designed a 5 part etch for the navigational deflector on it for instance that will solder (or glue if need be but I will solder) into a very good representation of the studio model one with its own lightbox and LED holder built into the rear. I will then probably colour it with gun black rather than paint but I'll see how that goes.

So just a quick bump on this. I am about to get my custom etches done and was just chasing up if anyone is interested in a set so I know how many to make.

Heres a small low res screen cap of the etch so give an idea of whats on there. I am also going to add the observation lounge windows at the back of the bridge today as I messed those up cutting them out on my model last night (was too lazy to change my drill bit and ended up removing the dividing bars.

Etch.png

The price would be £20 plus postage and packing.

Edited by Father Cool

Ok I have added extra transporter emitters, conference room window frames and sensor pallets to the etch. I am about the get some of these made so if anyone wants to order please let me know so that I can assess order quantities.

Latest%20Etch.jpg

Cheers

FC

Hi in order for me to determine how many sheets to have etched can whoever is interested please email me at rbeconcepts@gmail.com with their name and number of sets required.

I will then invoice you for the payment when I receive them before posting out to you.

Regards
FC