Liberation of Eindhoven

Did this one last year based very loosely on a black and white photo I found.  It shows members of the Guards Armoured Division meeting up with the American 101st Airborne in Eindhoven during Operation Market Garden. I used a Tamiya Cromwell tank (I know the photo shows a Centaur!) along with figures from Tamiya, Masterbox, Paracel and various resin heads. Cobbled street base from Great North Roads. :)

eindhoven_zpsfh4jnt6j.jpgMattsModelsandSingleRecordClock_0370A_zp

MattsModelsandSingleRecordClock_0369A_zp

MattsModelsandSingleRecordClock_0371A_zp

FOTM%201_zpslaqvnpzo.jpg

FOTM%206_zpsvri4cyer.jpg

MattsModelsandSingleRecordClock_0362A_zpFOTM3_zpsn25xp8c9.jpgFOTM%204_zpsnejljfpu.jpg

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

Aye up Matt

Fantastic dio and great work on the figures. The tank in the photo is a Churchill MkV which mounted the same 95mm howitzer as the Centaur.

Regards 

Steve 

whoops, Churchill not Centaur :(  It has been a while since I did this one in Feb last year and I have the memory of a demented goldfish these days!

ho hum, now where am I?

Edited by Matt P
  • Haha 1

Nice Cromwell and dio. Nice interaction between the figures.

it won’t be the the guards armoured division in the original photo either as they weren’t equipped with Churchills.

Edited by bigfoot

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice! I'm from Eindhoven and I'm fairly sure that picture wasn't taken in my city though.

EDIT: It appears the picture was taken in Münster, Germany

Edited by KoenL

It appears the picture was taken in Münster, Germany

Just goes to show I shouldn't believe everything I read :) When I found the photo it was definitely tagged as being in Eindhoven.

I'm not sure about it being Muster though, as the US Airborne troops are there wearing the stars and stripes on the sleeve, which wasn't worn later in the war after Arnhem/Nijmegen I believe. It could be Koln, Kleve or Goch maybe?

2 hours ago, KoenL said:

Very nice! I'm from Eindhoven and I'm fairly sure that picture wasn't taken in my city though.

EDIT: It appears the picture was taken in Münster, Germany

It looks almost certain to have been taken in the Prinzipalmarkt, Münster. There’s a photo on the Münster Wikipedia page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Münster