New shelf time ?

6 hours ago, JagRigger said:

It's the office, in a hangar. There's a real egg beater about 15 feet away ( from the blade tip anyhow ) hence the theme !

nVe4W47.jpg

I spot an AW189 Main Rotor Head and Beanie!

Great collection there :)

Very nice indeed and it appears most if not all (there might be an exception or two on the lower shelf) are the same scale.  I appreciate that as it is fun to see the relative size of different craft, such as how big the CH-53 actually is.  Wonderful collection you have here.  What do you have in your stash to add to this?  

20 hours ago, Harold55 said:

Very nice indeed and it appears most if not all (there might be an exception or two on the lower shelf) are the same scale.  I appreciate that as it is fun to see the relative size of different craft, such as how big the CH-53 actually is.  Wonderful collection you have here.  What do you have in your stash to add to this?  

No - they are all 1/72. The helicopter stash has various Huey, Hawks UH/SH60, CH54, 53, HH3, NH90s, few more MILs, Whirlwinds, more Pumas, various older ones like Dragonfly, 47, H4, H-43, Sycamore, Belvedere, lots of Lynx. Sure I've missed some there !

Would dearly love AW139, S92 & H175

Edited by JagRigger

On 1/8/2019 at 7:32 AM, Courageous said:

What you need is a few of these.

I have three, they cost £55 each and you can easily convert them to take extra shelves and add LED lighting too.

Stuart

Stuart: Do you have a source for these? Given the currency reference you're probably in the UK but there might be an equivalent here in the states. I'm always looking for additional enclosed storage space. TIA

Oh well, duh. If I'd looked at the URL it clearly says Ikea. We have one within a few miles of my house. I'll have to go check that out and see how much they cost here. Upon further review, they are $60 apiece in the Renton WA store. 

One last barrage of questions. I would want to increase the number of shelves (all my models are 1:72 and not very tall). How do you go about getting additional shelf hardware to mount the shelves on? Does Ikea sell that separately? Do they sell the extra glass shelving, or would I have to have that cut by a home improvement store or glass seller? 

Edited by Kevin Callahan

1 hour ago, Kevin Callahan said:

I would want to increase the number of shelves

The 'how to...' upgrades can be found on Youtube, just search for "detolf display case". Basically, you fit cable U clamps at the corners,get some toughened safety glass cut to size and lay them in, LED strip lighting is then stuck to the underside of each shelf...it's all in the videos. I haven't done it yet but looks easy enough.

Stuart

Edited by Courageous

5 hours ago, Courageous said:

The 'how to...' upgrades can be found on Youtube, just search for "detolf display case". Basically, you fit cable U clamps at the corners,get some toughened safety glass cut to size and lay them in, LED strip lighting is then stuck to the underside of each shelf...it's all in the videos. I haven't done it yet but looks easy enough.

Stuart

You might want to try these instead of U clamps: