This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
neilfgr2

Bovington Tank museum show

Anyone heard or know anything about clubs and traders taking part ??? 

Can't find nothing on the museum web page or on the net .

Cheers 

Neil 

They have an external team working on this now, and if the trouble my club has had with getting information out of this team then there won't be any clubs at the show.

Posted (edited)

The first year they did this show it was really good. Last year (when they went 2 days) it seemed to go pear shaped.. As we could only do one day we seemed be classed as 'non compliant' and shoved in in dark and cold corner in where the RC tanks were. Certainly not condusive for the type of models we were displaying!  I can only assume the club that were using our tables on the Sunday possibly felt the same.?

There also seemed to be a distinct lack of clubs and traders throughout tho' compared to the first year. This year we haven't even been asked but as we wouldn't be going anyway its a moot point.

Pity, as after the first year we had high hopes....... 

Edited by keithjs

Our group went to the show last Feb and only stayed for the Saturday, and it was a rush to get out before the museum close (or was supposed to). We also went to the October one yet again only attending on the Saturday, to which the museum seemed to be better at accommodating the leaving of the museum as several clubs around us did the same. This year we have been invited and I have filled in the application (On line only what a pain), but so far we have heard nothing back as to say if we are attending or not. This time the application form did ask if you  were attending the Saturday/ Sunday only or both days. To be honest I still do not see why this show (and the Oct one, which is in Sept this year) is a two day affair.

Barnet ( I think ) have been allocated tables but as of now we have heard nothing .. 

Bit crap for a show which is only next month .🤔🤔

they now have a web based application system- whoever was your contact person last year will have got an email ( I got mine on 14th December).. Web site here:  https://www.tankmuseum.org/whats-on/trade-exhibit?goal=0_4e32ec8129-49399a5240-80587623&mc_cid=49399a5240&mc_eid=8416de6d8f

59 minutes ago, neilfgr2 said:

Did you get an email back to say have been given allocated space ???

Not yet.

23 hours ago, neilfgr2 said:

Did you get an email back to say have been given allocated space ???

I got confirmation of table space today.