Airfix 2020

jenko

Ok. I started the 2019 thread, so to keep with tradition lets start the 2020 thread.

1/48 Gannet 

and for Trevor a Balliol 

Dick

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

A few hours longer than i expected to get this up and running

I guessed the Tiger Moth, so thats my luck gone so wont suggest anything here, other than some more 1/35 vehicles/tanks that got missed with today's announcement.

Cheers Rich

Still drumming my fingers on the table, waiting for that Ju 88A-1, the missing link in Airfix's 1/72 Battle Of Britain range.

A decent, state of the art Lysander would be most welcome too. In 1/72 scale, naturally. I understand that other scales exist, but I don't like to talk about those in polite company.

I seem to remember saying pretty much the same thing last year. And the year before that.

• Like 9

Well the obvious ones for Airfix 2020

1/72nd RAF Buccaneer S2D

1/72nd Wellington II with merlin engines

1/72nd Mig-17 variant

More Classic kits

Some New Tooled kits re-issued

Possibly something new created by Airfix in 1/35th after seeing how the Academy re-boxing fair

• Like 1

1/48 Seafire III would be nice as a development of their new tool Spitfire I.

1/48 Martlet IV would also be good, surely just an upscale of the 1/72 version and whilst they are at it if they want to hit their Phantom with the same upscale ray I wouldn't complain.

• Like 1

1:48 Hampden

1:48 DH 88 Comet

1:48 Sea King

1:48 Buccaneer

1:48 Vampire

1:48 Spey Phantom

1:144 new tool Space Shuttle (will never happen...)

1:24 Lunar Module Eagle (well - did not happen this year - will never ever happen ever sadly. Would be such an impressive sight)

• Like 3

Whilst we have wishes for new kits we also have to think about what would be nice in the Classic range.

2020 Classics

Beaver

A7 Cosair

F-84

Vigilante

Islander

New kit’s I’d like to see  are,

Turbine Islander 1:72    ( yes I know I could convert the classic kit but I’m gettting old and lazy)

Airspeed Horsa 1:72      (The one aircraft I can ‘bore for England’ about and there isn’t an accurate kit in any scale)

dh 88 Comet 1:48.

Any of the airfield vehicles sets 1:72 and/ or 1:48     (why do we accept vehicles in 1:76 to go with aircraft in 1:72?)

If Airfix is now serious about 1:35 armour let their designers cut their teeth on something small, like say an M22 Locust which will allow me to look forward to the 1:35 Hamilcar in 2021 

Mosquito BIX/XVI/B35 in 1/72, PR equivalents and with the option for a different nose/cockpit for a later release of NF30/36.  Change the record, I hear you cry....

Oh yes, a Venom NF3/Sea Venom FAW.21 would be nice too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Very happy to see the 1/48 DH Tiger Moth this year, but as several others have said a 1/48 DH Chipmunk would be very welcome and how about a SA Bulldog in 1/48 or even a re-pop of the 1/72.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Adam Poultney said:

Probably a new Vulcan....

I know they're working on one for a fact.

That's the flying one , Not Mr. Spock In take it. :whistle::P

Dick

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, MarkoZG said:

Sorry, but I don't see any more pointless and bizzare thread than this one year after year :bangin:

Hi,

What you come to realise is that this annual thread typically runs to about 40 pages before it gets locked. So in some ways the sooner we get there the better.

Along the way it’ll be populated with guesses, insights from folk who have some connection with some museum or other where Airfix have scanned this or that. More guesses. The odd whinge and whine about prices. Assertions that Airfix absolutely must do this or that. 

This is or that is in the wrong scale.

It’ll drift off topic a bit then there will be more guesses. When the show season arrives someone will pin a poor unfortunate Airfix employee in a corner of a display tent and report back that.

’When I said 1/24 Vulcan He went slightly pale’

This will then be discussed as proof that a 1/24 Vulcan is on the way..

Ultimately the thread is bourne out of the hope that someone at Airfix is reading it and collates the wishes / guesses into must do tooling list. I think we all know this probably doesn’t happen as the Model kit industry runs on a different product selection methodology. 

But the ‘fun’ is guessing. Somewhat like an Adult Santa’s wish list...

Ultimately it harmless but shows the affection the BM membership has for Airfix.  That’s it’s true value..

Take it easy

Plasto

• Like 12
  • Haha 7

I'll play...

1/72nd

Harvard

Mosquito NF.30/36

Ju-88A-1 (with the possibility of getting an A-5/11 out of the mould)

Buccaneer S.2B (RAF)

Venom FB.4

F-84F Thunderstreak

1/48th

Vampire FB.5/9

Spitfire 18

Hawker Hind/Hart

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Plasto said:

Hi,

What you come to realise is that this annual thread typically runs to about 40 pages before it gets locked. So in some ways the sooner we get there the better.

Along the way it’ll be populated with guesses, insights from folk who have some connection with some museum or other where Airfix have scanned this or that. More guesses. The odd whinge and whine about prices. Assertions that Airfix absolutely must do this or that. 

This is or that is in the wrong scale.

It’ll drift off topic a bit then there will be more guesses. When the show season arrives someone will pin a poor unfortunate Airfix employee in a corner of a display tent and report back that.

’When I said 1/24 Vulcan He went slightly pale’

This will then be discussed as proof that a 1/24 Vulcan is on the way..

Ultimately the thread is bourne out of the hope that someone at Airfix is reading it and collates the wishes / guesses into must do tooling list. I think we all know this probably doesn’t happen as the Model kit industry runs on a different product selection methodology. 

But the ‘fun’ is guessing. Somewhat like an Adult Santa’s wish list...

Ultimately it harmless but shows the affection the BM membership has for Airfix.  That’s it’s true value..

Take it easy

Plasto

For the record the 1/24 Vulcan is in next years Ikea catalogue together with 6 chairs, and comes in a variety of finishes.:fool:

As for the above...………………...

Well said that man :bye:

Dick

• Haha 4