1/24 Me262

Not much chance but maybe one day! 

I hope for:

1/72 halifax

1/72 Valiant Reissue

1/350 Queen Lizzie 

1/72 Sam 2 missile

Some 1/72 luft'46 stuff. 

To be honest I will greatfully buy most of what Airfix produce. 

Not long to wait now...... 

1 hour ago, mps02 said:

For my tuppence worth, I hope for:

1/24 Me262

Actually, I think a 1/24 Me 262 would sell in large numbers (for a 1/24th scale kit). It’s one of the most popular kit subjects judging by how many different kits have been produced of the subject.

• Like 3

These lists are interesting but I find 95% of them to be self-serving, in other words what the individual wants to build – including scale.  

Airfix have been gutsy with items like the Fokker Eindecker in 1/72 and the Walrus in 1/48.  It shows an effort in trying to be inclusive (creating a wider catch of modellers) rather than exclusive to the constant 109/Spitfire lobby or some other SIG.  If Airfix comes up with a type in a scale that spawns endless alterations (I do not mean corrections) from the after-market people – then that is a good thing.  That drives sales to.   So yes do the 109/Spitfire – but include those oddities that create a broader interest.

So would (only for example in 1/72) a Beaufort or Lysander create more interest/sales than a Bf109G-14/U4?   From the basic Me262, lots of directions can be taken – decals, conversions, you-name-it.

Retail price is also a very big factor for many of us.  Gone are the days of buying 3-4 examples of a kit for future building (different schemes and conversions).  I would love to build the Gloster E28/39, but at £30 for such a small kit (even with the separate engine) – it is NOT going to happen – NOT one.  But when the Defiant and Typhoon came out at under £10 – it was case of – how many am I going to build in the future, hmmm, right lets have 2-3 of each.

Good on Airfix for doing the MiG-17, if the price is not too high I will buy a couple.  I will resist getting on the pulpit with my want list…..

Pat Martin

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, VMA131Marine said:

Actually, I think a 1/24 Me 262 would sell in large numbers (for a 1/24th scale kit). It’s one of the most popular kit subjects judging by how many different kits have been produced of the subject.

I've been saying that for years. 

7 minutes ago, Patrick Martin said:

I would love to build the Gloster E28/39, but at £30 for such a small kit (even with the separate engine) – it is NOT going to happen – NOT one.

The Clear Prop Gloster E28/39 is well worth £30 considering how much resin and photo-etch is included. That said, it was obviously also intended to be released as a straight plastic kit without the high tech add-ons so my guess is it will be available in a cheaper form at some point.

1 hour ago, mps02 said:

For my tuppence worth, I hope for:

1/24 Me262

45 minutes ago, VMA131Marine said:

Honestly if I could ever be persuaded to buy a 1/24 scale kit it would likely have to be a Bf109 Emil or Me262 single seater...

Or a Vulcan, Victor or Valiant

1 hour ago, mps02 said:

I hope for:

1/72 halifax

1/72 Valiant Reissue

1/350 Queen Lizzie 

1/72 Sam 2 missile

Some 1/72 luft'46 stuff. 

To be honest I will greatfully buy most of what Airfix produce. 

Not long to wait now...... 

Of those I think Halifax is a realistic idea as is the Valiant rerelease. 

I would love some Luft'46 stuff, but it's such a small market so I think Revell have that niche taken, even if their kits aren't currently in production there are plenty around. I think they would sell, but not anywhere near enough due to the small market for them.

Given the time and energy it takes to develop a 1/24 kit I'd be surprised if they drop another one this year and take the shine off the hellcat so soon.

But in saying that a new tooled mkI spitfire would sell bucket loads.

I'm wondering if more 1/72 bombers are on the way or even something in 1/48.

Short odds on a new 1/72 Ju 88, Sunderland, Vulcan or Stirling

My longshot is a 1/48 stirling.

On 10/25/2019 at 3:01 PM, trickydicky210 said:

Personally i still have a feeling in my water that it will be one of the following:

1/24 SPIFIRE MK1A

1/72 VULCAN

1/72 HERCULES

1/72 B24 or Halifax

I think that I'd go with the Hercules, especially since Hannants have two lovely sets of colourful RAF anniversary schemes for the Hercules sitting in their Future Release section. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, cngaero said:

I think that I'd go with the Hercules, especially since Hannants have two lovely sets of colourful RAF anniversary schemes for the Hercules sitting in their Future Release section. 

Presumably they are intended for the upcoming Zvezda kit...

best,

M.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Meatbox8 said:

Can you still get Revels?  I used to love them, apart from the coffee ones - obviously. 

YES...……………….. well it is   a Revel ation 

Dick

Try Tesco

On 22/10/2019 at 14:41, Denford said:

Hopefully back on track! 

As we all know, Airfix have been progressively re-tooling older subjects, too many here to name.

One of the ‘senior’ subjects, dating from 1969 is the Hawker Sea Hawk and surely a prime re-tooling candidate.  4 users, lots of colour schemes, many underwing stores possible, extant example(s) data etc: all that seems required of any Airfix kit choice.

True there are Special Hobby and Hobby Boss of which Hannants only list the latter.  OK and it could be enhanced with Wolfpack folding wings and other extras.  How much better to have everything in the same box under the Airfx label.

Just speculation.

The Airfix Sea Hawk is more like 1959 rather than 1969.

Has anyone spied anything mistakenly loaded onto the Airfix site recently?

Only ask because last year they accidently put the Sea Vixen (only on for a day i think before removing) on before it was announced at Telford.

Going back to the Vulcan suggestion, at the moment there are quite a few Airfix Vulcans on EBay.  Not unusual in itself but there are seven early box examples, I've not noticed that many for a while.

Do the sellers know something we don't - or just hoping?!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jenko said:

YES...……………….. well it is   a Revel ation 

Dick

Try Tesco

Hmmm.  My nearest is in Dorchester.  A bit of a shlep for a sugary snack.  Mind you I could drop in on my next trip to Londinium.  Three and a half hours (on a good day) of tedium might be releived somewhat by a bag of sweeties

One area that Airfix seems to have moved away from in recent years and that I sorely wish they would go back to, is single engine props in 1/72. 

Sure, there have been plenty of new heavies & jets recently, but it feels like, unless you're into 1/48, new single engines prop kits get overlooked by Airfix 😟

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RussellE said:

One area that Airfix seems to have moved away from in recent years and that I sorely wish they would go back to, is single engine props in 1/72. 

Sure, there have been plenty of new heavies & jets recently, but it feels like, unless you're into 1/48, new single engines prop kits get overlooked by Airfix 😟

I would love to see a He112 of either major variety.

Ta152 would be amazing and much needed.

Another hurricane variant maybe.

Fw190D?

Tempest?

Yak9?

MiG3?

P47?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Adam Poultney said:

I would love to see a He112 of either major variety.

Ta152 would be amazing and much needed.

Another hurricane variant maybe.

Fw190D?

Tempest?

Yak9?

MiG3?

P47?

Yep, Tempest & Yak 9u in 1/72 would get my 💰🙂

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, RussellE said:

It's been said before (by me, if no one else), but a new-mould Battle, in 1/72nd scale, would not be remiss.

Regards,

Jason

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Learstang said:

It's been said before (by me, if no one else), but a new-mould Battle, in 1/72nd scale, would not be remiss.

Regards,

Jason

Fairey Firefly! 😀

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 71chally said:

Going back to the Vulcan suggestion, at the moment there are quite a few Airfix Vulcans on EBay.  Not unusual in itself but there are seven early box examples, I've not noticed that many for a while.

Do the sellers know something we don't - or just hoping?!

😊. They probably know as much as we do,which is nothing at all really!😂

I'm not banking on a new Vulcan. I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed on that score!.Still, no harm in dreaming.I will hang on to my Vulcan kits for now!😂

Allan

• Like 2