Airfix 2020

jenko

2 minutes ago, VMA131Marine said:

They've already done it. I'm not sure the market is ready for a re-release; I haven't built one of the five I got (many on deep discount) when the kit was first available. Although, the original decals were crap and a re-release could correct this.

If we get one I imagine that it would go quite nicely with my V Bombers as an honorary 4th one. 

I love the hemp/beige scheme on the Nimrods and I might just have to do another Victor to go with one in that scheme... And then of course the obligatory Buccaneer if I was having a hemp collection...

1 minute ago, noelh said:

Actually the title of the the email from Airfix was 'Revel in new workbench'. A curious title that don't you think? It's like something from Countdown. 

Is there a clue in there? 

A "BIG announcement" could mean anything: they've bought out Heller; they're moving from Margate again; or they've partnered with Revell 😯

• Haha 2

Ok... so the answer is ……...……………. the production team are buying a new workbench   ……. with a packet of Revels on it.

Well … they need something to munch while designing the moulds for the new 1/48 Sunderland...……………..

Dick

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, RussellE said:

A "BIG announcement" could mean anything: they've bought out Heller; they're moving from Margate again; or they've partnered with Revell 😯

No they will not move out of Margate as it's on the up and is a very arty place to be. …….. So the Telegraph says

I live next door in Broadstairs...…… better class of area you know. :bleh:

Dick

• Like 1

OK revel, could be a reference to a Revell kit which Airfix might match so perhaps a Halifax? Or something else Revell issued not yet kitted by Airfix? 

Maybe it's a classical reference. The Greek Gods liked reveling, perhaps a certain God Vulcan? 

It's fun to speculate. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, noelh said:

Actually the title of the the email from Airfix was 'Revel in new workbench'. A curious title that don't you think? It's like something from Countdown. 

Is there a clue in there? 

To be entirely frank with you, given the verbal quirks of the Workbench writer, I think this is just another spasm of the ol' epileptic corpse rather than a clue.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

Maybe it's a reference to an old Revell kit that people have been requesting a new tooling of for sometime? 

Any ideas?

Tornado in 1/72 maybe? Previous workbench mentioned P45 slip & this week it's "Revel" 🙄

Edited by RussellE

I would buy:

1/24 Spitfire new tool.

1/24 Lightning!

1/48 Allison Mustang.

1/72 Nimrod re-issue.

1/72 Stirling new tool.

1/72 Hercules new tool.

But what I really really want is a new tool 1/72 Vulcan. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RussellE said:

Maybe it's a reference to an old Revell kit that people have been requesting a new tooling of for sometime? 

Any ideas?

Revell issued the old Lindberg Avro698 (it's closer to that than a B1)... So new Vulcan B1?

• Haha 2

Just now, At Sea said:

I would buy:

1/24 Spitfire new tool.

1/24 Lightning!

1/48 Allison Mustang.

1/72 Nimrod re-issue.

1/72 Stirling new tool.

1/72 Hercules new tool.

But what I really really want is a new tool 1/72 Vulcan. 

I'd buy likely 2 new Vulcans within the first few months of release

Probably 1 Nimrod 

I'd also buy:

1/72 Valiant reissue

1/72 P47 to paint it German

Any Bf109 kit (my obsession with building these is second only to Vulcans)

1/72 Lanc bii reissue

1/72 TSR2

1/48 Fw190 any variant

1/72 Fw190D or Ta152

"Big" meant the LIDAR'd 1/72 F-4K a couple of years ago. 

The "?" did mention a new tool announcement, which rules out a third party repop.

So, "big" could be:

a/ as in impressive subject 

b/ as in small scale but large gangly aircraft

c/ as in big scale 

I do wonder if the above criteria mean:

a/ 1/48 F-4K / FG.1 Phantom 

b/ 1/72 Lockheed Hercules or Boeing B-29

c/ 1/24 Griffon-powered Spitfire 

A 1/24 E E Lightning would be wonderful, and life changing etc., but not mid-Atlantic enough. Probably too soon after the Hellcat for supersize scale anyway. 

Tony

13 hours ago, Adam Poultney said:

If we get one I imagine that it would go quite nicely with my V Bombers as an honorary 4th one. 

I love the hemp/beige scheme on the Nimrods and I might just have to do another Victor to go with one in that scheme... And then of course the obligatory Buccaneer if I was having a hemp collection...

No Buccaneers weren't painted hemp, gulf war ones wore desert pink (as did Jags and Tornados) 

37 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

No Buccaneers weren't painted hemp, gulf war ones wore desert pink (as did Jags and Tornados) 

Oh it looks close, it's the same kind of colour 😂  I'm no expert on buccaneers.

c4f0a51a7f48fbf1b479f36267f71679.jpg

16 hours ago, RussellE said:

Just for an instant I did think they'd bought Revell.  Isn't it up for sale at the moment?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ed Russell said:

It's nearly 2020 - surely the Airfix 2021 thread should have started by now........................

Frankly I'm a little surprised and slightly disappointed it hasn't started yet.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, jenko said:

Ok... so the answer is ……...……………. the production team are buying a new workbench   ……. with a packet of Revels on it.

Well … they need something to munch while designing the moulds for the new 1/48 Sunderland...……………..

Dick

Can you still get Revels?  I used to love them, apart from the coffee ones - obviously.