Airfix 2020

jenko

45 minutes ago, Adam Poultney said:

Now that is far fetched given how Airfix's previous helicopter kits have done

Like the Gazelle which keeps on being re-release or the recent Queenie series?

1 hour ago, Max Headroom said:

If you add the Gazelle and 1/72 Lynx in that mix, you get my vote!

Trevor

and a Spitfire XIVe, Harvard II and twin stage Mosquito in 1/72nd scale.

Edited by ivand

12 minutes ago, Denford said:

Can those who call for a Manchester confirm that there is data to the standard of accuracy which Airfix require.

If their Bf109G is anything to go on, a primary school kid's drawing should suffice

• Haha 6

10 minutes ago, Adam Poultney said:

If their Bf109G is anything to go on, a primary school kid's drawing should suffice

That's maybe a bit harsh. There were still a few clunker kits released shortly after Hornby  took Airfix over (Hurricane II, Bf109G-?) but their kits have improved by leaps and bounds since then. I can't imagine Airfix releasing a new tool kit of that quality today.

• Like 3

I'm going out on a limb to say that the Airfix Telford Announcement will be for a Handley-Page Hampden. My head says 1/72, my gut says 1/48.

For the main 2020 new release list, count on more American WWII aircraft subjects

Edited by VMA131Marine
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Adam Poultney said:

I'll reword my original post and say:

'Can those who call for a Manchester confirm that there is data to the standard of accuracy which Airfix NOW require'

Won't be a Puma as they haven't taken up the open  invitation to scan ours (the only complete one in a UK museum) offered when they were scanning the Buccaneer, yet. Their researcher would like to do an accurate 1/48th RAF Wessex ,we have one as well, but due to the Lynx and Merlin sales will not get the go-ahead.

• Thanks 1

Won't be a Puma as they haven't taken up the open  invitation to scan ours (the only complete one in a UK museum).

I see no reason why a museum piece has to be the LIDAR subject and my pitch is for an HC1 or HC2, there is an ex-MOD Puma at FAST - I walked past it tonight on the way home from Gurkha Palace (great food btw). 

8 minutes ago, sniperUK said:

There's a thing called a non disclosure agreement😉

Ok.. let's put this another way.. what modelling subjects have you sold off in the last few years? 

Only joking, just glad Airfix are still sourcing good research material where its available. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rickoshea52 said:

Won't be a Puma as they haven't taken up the open  invitation to scan ours (the only complete one in a UK museum).

I see no reason why a museum piece has to be the LIDAR subject and my pitch is for an HC1 or HC2, there is an ex-MOD Puma at FAST - I walked past it tonight on the way home from Gurkha Palace (great food btw). 

HC.1 with final fit before upgrading to HC.2 standard, complete with gpmg and MAWS mounts ,easy and indoor access .XW222

Edited by sniperUK

51 minutes ago, VMA131Marine said:

That's maybe a bit harsh. There were still a few clunker kits released shortly after Hornby  took Airfix over (Hurricane II, Bf109G-?) but their kits have improved by leaps and bounds since then. I can't imagine Airfix releasing a new tool kit of that quality today.

I love airfix, my comment isn't serious 😂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sniperUK said:

HC.1 with final fit before upgrading to HC.2 standard, complete with gpmg and MAWS mounts ,easy and indoor access .

And two squadrons of HC2’s at Benson. Does the LIDAR subject have to be a museum piece, why not an operational cab?

50 minutes ago, VMA131Marine said:

I'm going out on a limb to say that the Airfix Telford Announcement will be for a Handley-Page Hampden. My head says 1/72, my gut says 1/48.

For the main 2020 new release list, count on more American WWII aircraft subjects

That seems feasible. One of the most feasible here. I'm not a fan of the Hampden, but would welcome a new kit for all those who are, and that's another subject in need of a modern kit taken care of. 

Same again for American subjects. Not a huge fan tbh but I certainly would welcome new kits. A P47 would be the only one I think I'd be likely to buy as I'm quite a fan of that aircraft, but there are many others that just don't really interest me. 

That said, captured aircraft are always a possibility and something I'm rather interested in.