Airfix 2020

jenko

18 minutes ago, roy107 said:

Workbench is now live, they have said that there will definitely *be* an announcement but with usual tight-lipped secrecy as to what it will be.

They have also left this quote "We would love to give you a little clue as to the identity of the new model, but this would probably result in a couple of P45s flying about and we wouldn’t want that to happen so close to SMW weekend". Can someone enlighten me on what is a P45?

Also mentioned, the 1/48 Tiger Moth is now expected to be out by Feb 2020 and the first four 'Vintage Classics' aircraft models will be the Bristol Bulldog, Henschel 123, Fieseler Storch and Hawker Demon, all possible due in the next few weeks. 

Cheers.. Dave  

Just now, Rabbit Leader said:

Can someone enlighten me on what is a P45?

In Britain, a P45 is the document you get when you leave employment. So it's a sly way of saying that people will lose their jobs if they leak any news before SMW.

Chris

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, roy107 said:

In Britain, a P45 is the document you get when you leave employment. So it's a sly way of saying that people will lose their jobs if they leak any news before SMW.

Chris

Ok, thanks for that Chris.. that now makes sense. 

Cheers.. Dave 

The P45 (BAC P45) was the forerunner of the MRCA which of course led to the Tornado. 

Just saying.

Regards

Robert

Edited by Robert
  • Like 5

AM thinking that a Texan II would be nice... Just because I am modifying the Aeroclub kit of the PC-9 trying to make it look like one.

Lots of operators and colour schemes for it too.

17 minutes ago, Army_Air_Force said:

Not a guess or prediction, but a 1/24th scale P-47 Thunderbolt would be a lovely model. Lots of colour schemes and air forces too.

Kinetic already market a 1/24 P47 in both razorback & bubble top. 

9 hours ago, roy107 said:

Workbench is now live, they have said that there will definitely *be* an announcement but with usual tight-lipped secrecy as to what it will be.

What more proof do we need that Airfix read this thread as they clearly get a chuckle out of subverting my comments, LoL

17 hours ago, Simon V said:
17 hours ago, Simon V said:

I can't help but feel that might be some kind of clue though.

😂😂No offence mate but,I think that really is clutching at straws!Still, all good fun ! 

Later, I will be consulting with Mystic Mog, my clairvoyant 😺  for her views. Last year she predicted something very fast that went meeeeeeowwwwwww.......!😏

Allan

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Albeback52 said:

😂😂No offence mate but,I think that really is clutching at straws!Still, all good fun ! 

Later, I will be consulting with Mystic Mog, my clairvoyant 😺  for her views. Last year she predicted something very fast that went meeeeeeowwwwwww.......!😏

Allan

Of course. But that's what this whole thread is.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Army_Air_Force said:

Not a guess or prediction, but a 1/24th scale P-47 Thunderbolt would be a lovely model. Lots of colour schemes and air forces too.

P45 and "a couple" makes . . . ?

Ok, how about injection moulded full kits of 1/72 Avro Lincoln, Avro York, and Avro Manchester (the twin engined ancestor of the Lanc, NOT the biplane) for 2020? I can sell off my resin conversion kits then!

And mainstream kits of the Blackburn Beverley and HS 748/Andover in 1/72 would be welcome to many no doubt.

Good old Mach 2 brought out 1/72 Bristol Britannia and AW Argosy kits, so come on Airfix or Valom................

• Like 2

So would I, now just thinking about this I reckon a Manchester would sell double what the Lancaster Mk.II did for Airfix. There surely must be a market out there for one of these. 

Cheers. Dave