Airfix for 2019

Julien

36 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Where did you find this image, and are there any others lying about? 

Cheers.. Dave. 

The art work is in the latest Workbench blog along with the colour scheme artworks for the Pz.Kpfw 38(t):

p_new_airfix_2019_model_range_announced_

These seem to be different to the schemes in the Academy kits, so Airfix seem to be doing their own research and decals. I really didn't think they would so hats off to Airfix for going the extra mile and providing some other options to the Academy decal options.

• Thanks 1

Thanks lads. I’ll have to check it out. I know a ‘Workbench’ blog came out last week after the 2019 announcement but must have missed all the armour stuff, or have possibly missed the blog that came out after that? 

Cheers.. Dave 

I wonder if the kits will feature the PE Academy supply. My ‘Kursk Tiger’ kit has an Academy branded PE fret. Airfix are slated to release the same kit...So I wonder if it will have the branded PE???

1 minute ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Thanks lads. I’ll have to check it out. I know a ‘Workbench’ blog came out last week after the 2019 announcement but must have missed all the armour stuff, or have possibly missed the blog that came out after that? 

Cheers.. Dave 

Most folk don’t get beyond the Aircraft stuff....

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Where did you find this image, and are there any others lying about? 

Cheers.. Dave. 

Workbench, last Thursday I believe.

Oops, sorry, didn’t see on the phone that there already was another page and the answer already provided .

Edited by tempestfan

On the re-issue of the A-4B Skyhawk I have noticed that the box art and side view illustration show the design on the wing tanks in red but I think it should be blue.

a03029a_douglas-a4b-skyhawk_product-artw

a03029a_douglas-a4b-skyhawk_artwork.jpg

1777_rd.jpg

Can anyone confirm the red design ?

• Like 1

Good spotting @Robert, although it does appear that the Hasegawa box top photograph is showing the larger finned tanks under the wing, whilst the Airfix Boxart depicts a more slim lined under fuselage tank. I agree with you and doubt that whatever tank was used, VA-15 (or any other unit) would have used the same trim colour. 

More photographs need to be sourced to confirm or deny what you've found, however it's hard to despute photographic evidence when it's there. 

Cheers.. Dave. 

The tanks colours seem to change, I have seen green and a strange goldy colour used aswel in pictures of VA-15 jets.

Their Association website illustrates an A-4B as Airfix have depicted it with the red tank stripes but with a red tail top, and though an illustration I would find it hard to believe that it would appear on the associations website with wrong markings that obvious.

I'm not that well up on USN codes, but in a combat or on carrier deployment scenario wouldn't it be a three figure nose code, 500 maybe? 

Nice artwork though.

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 12:19 AM, Robert said:

On the re-issue of the A-4B Skyhawk I have noticed that the box art and side view illustration show the design on the wing tanks in red but I think it should be blue.

a03029a_douglas-a4b-skyhawk_artwork.jpg

Can anyone confirm the red design ?

That is quality box art.  Love it.