This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

PetrOs

Would you be interested in a 3D printed napoleonic ship kit line in 350 and 700?

Would you be interested in a 3D printed napoleonic ship kit line in 350 and 700?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which one would you like first? Please specify names in comment.

• British 1st rate
    • British 2nd rate
    • British large (74 gun) 3rd rate
    • British small (64 gun) 3rd rate
    • British frigate
    • British sloop or other unrated ship
    • French three-decker
    • French 80 gun ship
    • French 74 gun ship
    • French 18pdr frigate
    • French 12pdr frigate
    • Spanish ship (please specify)
    • Russian ship (please specify)
    • Merchant ship
    • Other nation

I am considering to start another line of 3d printed ship kits (in addition to my accessory line and dunkirk small craft) over shapeways, and I toy with the idea to make napoleonic era ships. These kits would be in 1/350 and 1/700, and on demand could be made in any other scale (200, 300, 400, 450, 600 or so). Thus I would like to find out if it would be interesting for you, and if yes, which ship type you would like to see first (provided I can get plans of course). You can select many, and suggest names in replies.

Voting on future builds is a brilliant idea, just wish more manufacturers would do the same. Unfortunately, I haven't got a clue what any of those subjects that you suggest are but i wish you all the luck.

Stuart

Interesting idea!

I am interested in your range of Dunkirk craft, can you send me a link?

Kev

She is definitely one of the most probable prototypes when it comes to a 74 gunners. I however would start with a smaller ship, most likely a frigate. As of now, it seems to me that it would be a british frigate, or maybe even 2 subjects parallel, as I was contacted by more then one designer so far. 

Just a small update - after clearing all legal questions, we started work on HMS Diana, Artois class 18pdr frigate, using the NMM plans of her and of her sister Seahorse. Artois class was a class of 8 larger frigates, and one of the first classes armed with 18pdr guns. During napoleonic wars, they all fought with distinction, taking or sinking no less then 10 enemy frigates, 8 corvettes, and 31 privatiers or sloops, plus a myriad of smaller ships like gunboats, merchants or similar...