A COUPLE MORE SPITFIRES RECENTLY FINISHED

Here are a couple more spitfires finished over the last few months.  Aircraft and figures are all ICM except for the Tamiya MK V and are built OOB with some aftermarket decals in places :).

Spitfire%20MK%20VII%202_zpsk6ssttms.jpgSpitfire%20MK%20VII_zpspajtffuy.jpgMK%20VIII%20USAAF%209_zpsulna1r6r.jpgMK%20VIII%20USAAF%202_zpsek7fcve1.jpgMK%20XVI%20Spitfire_zpsinpjjjim.jpgMK%20XVI%20Spitfire%208_zpsg1yblef8.jpgSpitfire%20MK.V%204_zpspkkn2epx.jpgSpitfire%20MK.V%202_zpsbcsomuzy.jpgSpitfire%20MK.V%203_zpsdfcoyy5u.jpg 

• Like 25

Excellent Spits! And top marks for small scale figure painting – among the very best I've seen!

One small niggle – cutting out and drooping the elevators on a parked Spitfire will clinch that sought for air of authenticity…  

Another little thing – splotches of silver paint on prop edges don't have any correspondence in reality, especially not if the props are made of wood with a brass sheath on the leading edge. 😉 

Fundamentally, paint on prop blades is generally very durable. In service, the paint may wear a little along the extreme leading edge as a thin, soft edged strip of visible material, and as a gradual thinning of the paint on the prop tip backside. Isolated, individual spots of missing paint is an indication that the prop blade is damaged and needs to be exchanged so it won't cause excessive vibrations. End of rant. 😉

Nitpicks aside, I think that these are fabulous examples of the modeller's and figure painter's art!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Thanks for your great comments guys :)

I always thought that Spitfire props were all metal (particularly late model 4 bladers) so will remedy the 'chipping' straight away.