1/48 - Hawker Hunter F.Mk.4/Mk.5 & J34 by Airfix - released

Homebee

16 hours ago, Uncle Uncool said:

:blink2: Look what I've just found on the Intertubes...!!! Ain't you hopelessly in luv with it?

@Ali62 Hurry, my mate!

Cheers,

Unc2

Go to Hunter F.Mk.6 thread: LINK

You know what? I hate vac-form windshields and canopies... :winkgrin:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235031926-148-hawker-hunter-fmk6-6a-by-airfix-released-tmk7-conversion-set-by-aerocraft-models-cmk-resin-sets-in-august-2019/&do=findComment&comment=3334148

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235054547-hunter-t7-set-update-pictures-as-promised/

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

On 8/3/2019 at 12:55 PM, Homebee said:

XF313, ‘G’ of 76 Squadron, Royal Air Force, based at RAF Bruggen, West Germany, December, 1956.

Presumably 71 Squadron.... (76 was a Canberra squadron at the time).

15 hours ago, Homebee said:

Go to Hunter F.Mk.6 thread: LINK

You know what? I hate vacuform windscreen and canopies...

V.P., mate

I was aware of Ali's T.7 conversion set for the Airfix kit on that thread; is it ready for the reaping yet...?

Vac-form canopies and winshields are okay if you put some detail on 'em, like the chap on the video did. As long as they don't yellow with time.

Cheers,

Unc2

The upcoming Hi-Decal Hunter sheets have been adapted to the planned F.4 release and will look like this: 

HD48029 & HD72059  Hawker Hunter F.4 / FGA.9 / FR.10 / T.66 

E-411 - F.51 (F.4) Royal Danish AF 1963, standard (green/grey over silver) camouflage with colorful unit insignia,

E-410 - F.51 (F.4) Royal Danish AF 1974 , in overall olive green scheme,

140 - F.52 (F.4) Peruvian AF 1962, standard (green/grey over silver) camouflage with colorful unit insignia,

J-702 - FGA.71 (FGA.9) Chilean AF 1978, in desert (brown/sand over light blue) camouflage, 

J-709 - FGA.71 converted to FR.10 Chilean AF 1975, in ghost grey/dark ghost grey camouflage,

J-718 - T.72 (T.66) former G-APUX - Chilean AF 1982, in tree tone desert (green/brown/sand over light blue) camouflage,  

828 - FGA.73A (FGA.9) Omani AF 1979, with experimental (dark grey/extra dark grey) disruptive camouflage,

825 - FR.10 Omani AF 1989, with dark grey/ extra dark grey camouflage and combat mission markings,

CC-707 - FGA.76 (FGA.9) Somali AF 1983, in desert (brown/sand over light blue) scheme and Soviet K-13 (AA-2 Atoll) AAMs.

Greetings

Diego 

Edited by Diego
  • Like 2

Hi Guys

Sorry for the delay.....BUT progress is being made, I even have the decals to hand, they look really good.

I do not want to give further promises as to exactly when it will be ready BUT as soon as I am happy with everything I will start the pre-sale ordering process and there will be a discount offered on the pre-sales.

I am pushing hard to get the project over the line as I have lots invested into it, time and money so the sooner the better but I want to have it as GOOD as I can make it, so keep a watch out over the next week or two for further announcements, and pictures.

As you know I have two different decal sheets done as of now, and I have more in the works for British aircraft......HOWEVER I am looking for suggestions for foreign user schemes.

I will make it worth while to the guys that assist me with some ideas, BUT the catch is I need help with details, like good pictures / references and sizes of the markings i.e. either 1 to 1 or scale sizes of roundels and fonts etc. IF good clear pictures are provided then very close estimates  can be made for sizing but as you know the more and clearer the information the better.

If you have information please in the first instance send me a PM, and I will confirm and email address to send information to, however for those that know my email address, send the information over.  Obviously any foreign decal options produced will more than likely be very late 2019 or into the first part or 2020.

cheers Ali

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Ali62 said:

HOWEVER I am looking for suggestions for foreign user schemes.

Hi Ali!

I insist on some Chilean Air Force markings for the foreign user schemes, but not the three-tone desert camo ones but these ones:

spacer.png

Whatd'yathink...??

Cheers,

Unc2

• Like 2

Thanks for a few suggestions, I may still consider some of these, but I am really looking for T.7 based (any two seat version to go with the conversion set) decal ideas for foreign users.

Ali

5 hours ago, Ali62 said:

Thanks for a few suggestions, I may still consider some of these, but I am really looking for T.7 based (any two seat version to go with the conversion set) decal ideas for foreign users.

Ali

Qatar and Somalia 😁

And if you fancy throwing in a British example in the future, there’s always........

https://www.flickr.com/photos/24101413@N03/12915058324

Trevor

Is the correct tailpipe included in the conversion?  If not, only a T.12 can be built from the Airfix  F.6 box...

The F.4 has the small tailpipe, but not the parabrake housing... Maybe with some surgery one could graft an unused parabrake housing on the smaller tailpipe but it looks like a delicate operation.

British two seaters were converted from, or based on the F.4. Foreign examples were either built, or converted to the larger 200 series engine with the larger tailpipe opening. If the conversion is for an overseas aircraft then the kit supplied exhaust is correct.

Trevor

On 8/3/2019 at 12:55 PM, Homebee said:

New Xtradecal sheet announced

- ref. X48213 - Hawker Hunter F.4

Source: https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/X48213

• WV255, ‘X’ flown by Flight Officer Nigel Walpole of 26 Squadron, Royal Air Force, based at RAF Oldenburg, West Germany, 1956.
  • XF313, ‘G’ of 76 Squadron, Royal Air Force, based at RAF Bruggen, West Germany, December, 1956.
  • WV269, ‘H’ of 74 Squadron, Royal Air Force, based at RAF Horsham St Faith during ‘Exercise Valiant’, May 1957.
  • WV314, ‘B’ of 92 Squadron, Royal Air Force, based at RAF Linton�"on-Ouse, 1956.
  • XE667, ‘Z’ of IV (AC) Squadron, Royal Air Force, based at RAF Geilenkirchen, West Germany, 3 April 1956.
  • WW663, ‘H’ flown by the C.O of 14 Squadron, Royal Air Force, based at RAF Alhorn, West Germany, 18 March 1957.
  • WV973, ‘B’ of 20 Squadron, Royal Air Force, based at RAF Oldenburg, West Germany, 1957.
  • XF317, ‘U’ flown by Flying Officer Mike McEvoy of ‘B Flight’, 67 Squadron, Royal Air Force, based at RAF Bruggen, West Germany, April 1957.
  • WV267, ‘R’ of 93 Squadron, Royal Air Force, based at RAF Jever, West Germany,1957.
  • WT802, ‘P’ of 98 Squadron, Royal Air Force, based at RAF Jever, West Germany, 1957.
  • XE713, ‘E’ of 66 Squadron, Royal Air Force, based at RAF Acklington, 1959. 
  • Hunter FR.71A, J-734, (Previously ex-RAF XF317) of 8 Grupo, Chilean Air Force, based in Chile, 1976.
  • V.P.

This has to be the first decal sheet featuring an aircraft flown by someone I know. (Option 8, XF317.)

2 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

If the conversion is for an overseas aircraft then the kit supplied exhaust is correct.

As per Ali’s own words: 

As you know I have two different decal sheets done as of now, and I have more in the works for British aircraft......HOWEVER I am looking for suggestions for foreign user schemes.

So I think the appropriate T.7/8 tailpipe ought to be included otherwise a British jet can’t be made. Aeroclub did include one back in the days... 

Just my 2 cents

Hi Guys 

Please refer back to some basic pictures from a few months ago, the set has developed a lot since then.

BUT basically the following is all taken into consideration

There is a new exhaust section as can be seen, this is SMALL BORE, with the brake housing as can be seen, the exhaust diameter that Airfix are using for their future release Mk.4 has been used and the brake housing detail has been added, so it will be a simple drop in part.

As for export 2 seat versions and OR any others that may have used the later engines then yes the current kit rear end parts can and will have to be used.

There will be a good cockpit representation, with a fair amount of detail, including seats etc. There will be a two part resin canopy. 

I hope to post some new pictures soon and as soon as I happy with the product I will start a pre-order system, and although the project is delayed, it will be happening as soon as possible for that to be achieved.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, gareth said:

With the F.4 kit, is it possible to make a F.1 version or do i need to do some other major changes to backdate the kit? 

Other than suitable decals you're pretty much there with the kit :) The intial F.1 had no cannon blisters or airbrake and indeed the earliest F.4 also had no blisters so you may have cut in the ejector ports depending on your chosen subject and time-frame.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gareth said:

With the F.4 kit, is it possible to make a F.1 version or do i need to do some other major changes to backdate the kit? 

What Col said...

7 hours ago, Col. said:

Other than suitable decals you're pretty much there with the kit :) The intial F.1 had no cannon blisters or airbrake and indeed the earliest F.4 also had no blisters so you may have cut in the ejector ports depending on your chosen subject and time-frame.

...but in service F.1's got the airbrake and link collectors fairly quickly so depending on which aircraft you want to model you may only have to leave the the underwing tanks and pylons off, F.1&2 were clean winged aircraft, no underwing stores.

As ever, check photos of the aircraft you're wanting to model.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ali62 said:

Hi Guys 

Please refer back to some basic pictures from a few months ago, the set has developed a lot since then.

BUT basically the following is all taken into consideration

There is a new exhaust section as can be seen, this is SMALL BORE, with the brake housing as can be seen, the exhaust diameter that Airfix are using for their future release Mk.4 has been used and the brake housing detail has been added, so it will be a simple drop in part.

As for export 2 seat versions and OR any others that may have used the later engines then yes the current kit rear end parts can and will have to be used.

There will be a good cockpit representation, with a fair amount of detail, including seats etc. There will be a two part resin canopy. 

I hope to post some new pictures soon and as soon as I happy with the product I will start a pre-order system, and although the project is delayed, it will be happening as soon as possible for that to be achieved.

Will you be dealing with the awful nosewheel (the one let down of the kit ) aswel?

41 minutes ago, 71chally said:

Will you be dealing with the awful nosewheel (the one let down of the kit ) aswel?

Think if you check Alis site that he is already one jump ahead of you?  He has already made those(besides wing pylons)and have been up for sale for some time

https://aerocraftmodels.bigcartel.com/product/hawker-hunter-brass-undercarriage-set-airfix

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 71chally said:

I had missed that, thanks!  Just wondered if you would get the nosewheel in the T.7 set so that it is all good to go in one package.  I'm not worried about the brass.

I know where your coming from and indeed it would be nice to see Ali add the nose wheel wouldn't it, at the end of the day though, its down to Ali, but, it would be nice to see that wheel in the conversion.  Even without the wheel, Ali can put me down for one of the conversions when its done, possibly two

• Like 1