1/72 - Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-17F & Lim-5 "Fresco-C" by Airfix - released - new boxing in August 2024

Homebee

Brilliant! Amazing that an accurate modern tooling of this important aircraft took so long.  I recognize that calling it accurate at this early date is something of an act of faith, but at this point I feel Airfix is entitled to that bit of confidence. Surely will be better than combining an AZ fuselage with Dragon wings to come even close. Watch that wingspan and sweep angle Airfix!

• Like 1

I'm really pleased to see this, a widely used Cold War jet that comes in a plethora of colour schemes, nice one Airfix! :thumbsup:

Completely missed this one.  Scrolling through in my haste to see if it was really true about the Buccaneer 😍 I just thought it was a re-release of the MiG 15.  I wonder if this is the start of a new range of Cold War Soviet types.

58 minutes ago, John said:

My favourite MiG. I'll get through a few of these. 

As I said over in the big thread, no doubt a Dogfight Double with the Skyhawk is in prospect for 2020. 

John 

I was thinking that it would make a great DD with the F-4C/D that Airfix will be releasing next year! *

*pure speculation and wishful thinking on my part!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is great news. The MiG-17F was widely used, but the rarest variant kit wise. Great to see Airfix doing their bit to fix that problem. 

And maybe in the years to come they will release parts to make the Lim-6 modification with extra wing pylons and brake chute operated by Poland, East Germany etc. 

So I can now build this Polish MiG-17F I saw in New Zealand. 

PolishMiG-17F-1915-16

• Like 2

This is great news. The MiG-17F was widely used, but the rarest variant kit wise. Great to see Airfix doing their bit to fix that problem. 

And maybe in the years to come they will release parts to make the Lim-6 modification with extra wing pylons and brake chute operated by Poland, East Germany etc. 

PolishMiG-17F-1915-16

1 hour ago, Ryan Hothersall said:

Unfortunately I can't see Airfix doing a Lim-6 version, but hopefully someone will do a few resin bits for the kit to convert it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tbolt said:

Unfortunately I can't see Airfix doing a Lim-6 version, but hopefully someone will do a few resin bits for the kit to convert it.

Yes, please, I would like the Polish fighter-bomber version with the large tail chute housing too!