1/72 - Blackburn Buccaneer S.Mk.2 by Airfix - S.2C & S.2B released - new S.2B boxing

Homebee

4 hours ago, Paul J said:

Only that its been a long time coming to get a decent kit of the Bucc thats not vacform or resin.

Long time as in EVER!!  At least in 1/72; I do consider the 1/48 kit to be a “decent” effort, although there is certainly room for improvement there too. 

8 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

There’s a Wessex in the background......

Trevor

10 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

The boxart for the recent Victor featured a couple of Buccaneers and people wondered if the Bucc would be a forthcoming release.

I wonder what Airfix have in store for us in 2020...  :hmmm:

I refer you to post #317. 

• Thanks 1

Well they do like linking in with 'warbird' operators- viz Fly Navy Trust, ARCO, Shuttleworth etc - so with the Wessex back on the scene thanks to Historic Helicopters that might make sense... but surely more likely in 1/72 that 1/48 as Italeri have done the latter... but then again I recall previous threads where it was highlighted that wokkas didnt sell...

TT

21 hours ago, Robert said:

Hopefully there will be a review on AMW soon.

Regards

Robert

Probably Octobers mag, due out next week Robert, should be an interesting article

18 hours ago, delticfan said:

Love the artwork. I can remember the BBC Sailor programme when that poor RAF pilot was trying to get aboard, its on YouTube if you’re not of an age to remember it...classic stuff.

Oh yes, "Sailor", now it seems to be possible to build the HMS Ark Royal air wing featured on it!

• Like 1

Can't wait for this one.  Airfix really are working hard on my wish list, which is jolly decent of them. I'm sure, once this one is out, they will turn their attention to the two stage Mossie I have been mentally projecting to their development team for the last couple of years. Then a new tool Vulcan and a Canberra B.2/6 in 1/72 SCALE!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4

Money bag full of holes till the end of the year but it won't escape its unavoidable fate sealed by 

1) Airfix 1/72 Buc

2) Zvezda 1/72 Pe-2

3) Tamiya 1/48 P-38

Edited by PattheCat

2 hours ago, Acinonyx Jubatus said:

Just a note of caution, Airfix website now says expected Autumn rather than September, so may be a slight delay in arrival

I am looking forward to its arrival, I have 3 on preorder

On page 6 of AMW it says it is due in October while the Mig-17 will come in November. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Just the one though, eh?   Just to get your hand in for the Buccaneer STGB next May.  :D 

I’d prefer an RAF version than the fishead jet that is the initial issue; and yes: there would be more than one to do - 12, 16 and 208 cabs all in DG/Green and also a GW1 in shabby desert pink. 

Much as I’d like to join a GB my build rate is far too sloooooooooooow!

Hopefully there will be a review on AMW soon.

There is chaps, hope you enjoy the article...it's a great little kit, fun to build and hopefully prove to be a good seller for the company. I modified the weapons load slightly and used one of the Xtradecals sets as the kit ones weren't quite ready, (well, actually they arrived shortly after I'd finished painting so thankfully I was able to use the stencils) other than that, it's OOB.

:cheers:

Andy

• Like 6

On 9/5/2019 at 4:09 PM, Rickoshea52 said:

I’d prefer an RAF version than the fishead jet that is the initial issue; and yes: there would be more than one to do - 12, 16 and 208 cabs all in DG/Green and also a GW1 in shabby desert pink. 

Much as I’d like to join a GB my build rate is far too sloooooooooooow!

You' have to wait till next year then for the RAF Buccaneer S2B, of course you could blow your money on a TSR2 kit and then a F-111K before having to resort to Royal Navy Hand me downs, just like the RAF did 😋

Actually you need to remember that this is the original Buccaneer S2, so its probably wisest to wait to see what exactly Airfix have lined up for an RAF boxing to determine what mods have been applied to their 2nd boxing, as the sprue breakdown obviously indicates a very different set up to the RN kit. Then it will be a case of seeing what existing aftermarket mods will work, what new aftermarket sets will be appearing and what can be robbed from the previous Airfix Buccaneer. Us Fishheads are in the same boat to do a later model FAA 809 Buccaneer for mid to late 70s to go with the later 892 Phantoms on Ark.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Geoff_B said:

Us Fishheads are in the same boat to do a later model FAA 809 Buccaneer for mid to late 70s

mmm.. this was actually the scheme I was thinking about? Surely I need to understand the subject better than I currently do, so will wait for the SME’s to speak out to find out more. 

Cheers.. Dave