1/72 - Blackburn Buccaneer S.Mk.2 by Airfix - S.2C & S.2B released - new S.2B boxing

Homebee

9 minutes ago, Robertone139 said:

Nice everything, however Airfix seem incapable of producing pilots who can do anything else but scratch their crotches.

Those safety harnesses must chafe a lot then.

I’ll see meself out.

Trevor

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Robertone139 said:

Nice everything, however Airfix seem incapable of producing pilots who can do anything else but scratch their crotches.

Quite accurate, I'd say.  For the pilots I've met anyway...

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1

On 5/11/2019 at 1:04 AM, Enzo Matrix said:

We'd descend down to about ten feet, summat like that.

He's about as far from the Hollywood expectation of a fast jet pilot as it's possible to be.  But he's seen it. Done it.  Can't be bothered to wear the teeshirt.  :lol: 

Reminds me of that ancient BBC series Fighter Pilot. If I remember correctly the only bloke that made it through was the milkman, and he ended up on Buccaneers!

And he certainly wasn't Tom Cruise.

4 hours ago, Silverkite said:

Is this the Royal Navy version?

How much different it is from the RAF version?

Luigi

The RAF one has the pilot scratching his ar*e instead ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

20 hours ago, IanC said:

Reminds me of that ancient BBC series Fighter Pilot. If I remember correctly the only bloke that made it through was the milkman, and he ended up on Buccaneers!

And he certainly wasn't Tom Cruise.

I remember it well Ian. It's currently available on You Tube and, it looks SOOOOO dated!! Actually, the male nurse (I think he was) made it through also and, was posted to Canberras

Allan

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Silverkite said:

Is this the Royal Navy version?

How much different it is from the RAF version?

Luigi

The RAF version which will probably be a variation on this kit next year which will have the RAF bulged bomb bay door and the universal longer weapons pylons, it should also have the later revised Tailplane  and revised wing tanks (Basically a different Sprue to the one with these bits on the RN kit. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Geoff_B said:

The RAF version which will probably be a variation on this kit next year which will have the RAF bulged bomb bay door and the universal longer weapons pylons, it should also have the later revised Tailplane  and revised wing tanks (Basically a different Sprue to the one with these bits on the RN kit. 

Thanks Geoff

Luigi

2 hours ago, Geoff_B said:

And different wing mounted RWR pods I think

On 5/10/2019 at 3:43 PM, Dave Fleming said:

There was a shot of one with it's wings folded in the James May/BBC documentary

Wasn't that the old kit or the even older N.A. 39 kit?

Cheers / André

Edited by Andre B

2 hours ago, Dave Fleming said:

Not sure about that - there is another shot that shows either same model or another with none

47856923201_10cb502d98_k.jpg3C34F177-74F4-4E16-A16E-F6947E2D51D9 by DaveFleming68, on Flickr

Maybe they just put some uncomplete and damaged kits on that table to confuse all members at Britmodeller? ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there

Well let's start with a simple apology as I don't read the Rumonger thread too often but I can say I like the Buccaneer as much to got 6 Matchbox, 3 Frogs, and 3 old Airfix kits still on what i called a Buccaneer midlife crisis and now I certainly plan to get at least one more RAN and RAF 

In the past I had to bought a ton of aftermarket stuff, asked for lots of fuel tanks (ole Matchbox kits lack of almost everything but the shape and good intakes) and now we had the chance to do more Buccaneers. I think we are lucky 

Happy modelling

Armando

• Like 2

On 5/14/2019 at 11:48 AM, IanC said:

I remember that series very well. He was indeed a milkman, and I recall his name was John McRae. milkman to dream job flying Buccaneers ...... amazing eh?

Terry

On 6/3/2019 at 11:28 AM, Terry1954 said:

I remember that series very well. He was indeed a milkman, and I recall his name was John McRae. milkman to dream job flying Buccaneers ...... amazing eh?

Terry

I always thought it mildly amusing that in a series called Fighter Pilot the only one who made it ended up flying bombers.